What's Spinning Tonight?

If you were expecting hit music like Little Earthquakes, Venus and Back then I understand your disappointment Johan. Nevertheless, she has charm with her voice and piano, which may seem disturbing at first. It's not an album to listen to just once.
Hi Stephan,

It’s not that at all… It’s just not my cup of tea.
May be, she is a very good artist to many, but I have never been attractive of her singing, and her music, sorry to say.
If you and many others like her music, I am very happy for you all.

Kindest Regards

/ Jk

Reactions: DasguteOhr
Van Morrison, Moondance, BSK-3103 Tan grooved label, WB shield at noon in color and in watermarks
Anthony Wilson, Hackensack West, Cohearent Records CR-AV-2301
The Byrds, Sweetheart of the Rodeo, Columbia CS 9670 red label two-eye
I bought Hackensack West to support Kevin Gray's fledgling label, knowing very little about Anthony Wilson aside from the praise a knowledgeable friend had for him. Quite pleasant. Quiet vinyl, though there were a few minor ticks on one side. The engineering is fine, not surprisingly.
I recently scored a Jeff Rowland Capri SII preamp. Moondance and Sweetheart of the Rodeo have never sounded better here. The rest of the reproduction chain is:
Soundsmith Paua Mk II, VPI 3D Reference unipivot tonearm with dual pivot assembly and Nordost wiring, Nordost Tyr phono cabling, Herron VTPH-2A MC input loaded at 470 ohm, Nordost Frey 2 RCA IC, Nordost Frey XLR IC from Capri to Parasound Halo A21+, Nordost Tyr speaker cabling, Magnepan 3.7i on MyeSound stands.

Van Morrison, Moondance, BSK-3103 Tan grooved label, WB shield at noon in color and in watermarks
I bought Hackensack West to support Kevin Gray's fledgling label, knowing very little about Anthony Wilson aside from the praise a knowledgeable friend had for him. Quite pleasant. Quiet vinyl, though there were a few minor ticks on one side. The engineering is fine, not surprisingly.
I recently scored a Jeff Rowland Capri SII preamp. Moondance and Sweetheart of the Rodeo have never sounded better here. The rest of the reproduction chain is:
Soundsmith Paua Mk II, VPI 3D Reference unipivot tonearm with dual pivot assembly and Nordost wiring, Nordost Tyr phono cabling, Herron VTPH-2A MC input loaded at 470 ohm, Nordost Frey 2 RCA IC, Nordost Frey XLR IC from Capri to Parasound Halo A21+, Nordost Tyr speaker cabling, Magnepan 3.7i on MyeSound stands.
Photos of the records and your system would be nice. Keep enjoy your music ;) !

/ Jk

This was on my list for a long time. The price never seemed to go down so, I just ate it. In the end I'm not unhappy about it.

Grant Green
Live At The Lighthouse

20240428_171533.jpg20240427_205055.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Johan K
Anthony Wilson plays some very nice stuff on Diana Krall's Live at the Montreal Jazz Festival DVD (which was my introduction to him). Still not sure why that hasn't been released on LP. It's a great set.

Nice gear.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing