What's Spinning Tonight?

Earth, Wind & Fire - Gratitude
Andreas Volldenweider - Behind The Gardens
Joni Mitchel - Blue
Dire Straits - Love Under Gold
Tool - Lateralus

All black vinyl...

Last edited:
Flez the Dire Straits is Love Over Gold...is the one Bernie Grundland remastered from the original analog tape?....I have a copy of that on 180g vinyl that sounds just fabulous

Dan

I am spinning the re-issue as well Dan, I particullary like Private Investigator cut...a lot of background information that not all systems retrieve properly.

I agree Flez, that whole album is great, I think I'll spin that one here in a few minutes, I'm just enjoying the system today with no plans on going out anywhere, got about 10 inches of snow yesterday with drifts over 2 feet and its 10 degrees out there. I think I'll just light the fireplace and enjoy some tunes.

Dan

I inow what you mean Dan, I used to work for Compuware some years back and have witnessed how it gets when weather is nasty around. Take care.

Hi

Beethoven Sonatas for Cello and Piano Jacqueline Dupre (Cello) and Daniel Barenboim (Piano).

Benjamin Britten Conducts Elgar/Adrain Boults conduct Holst

Comments later ..maybe :)

Fernando, Love over Gold is really a phenom LP. I have thought it to be of reference quality from the
first release days.
Right now I am listening to some of the Opus 3 LP's... Test Record 1--Depth of Image, Test Record 2- Timbre and Maytan and Friends.
If you don't know these, the 1st track on 'Depth of Image' called Tiden Bara Gar is IMHO one of the best sounding tracks ever laid to vinyl.:cool:They are not kidding when they call this LP 'Depth of Image'....
All of the Opus 3 LP's are amazing... I have used them as reference pressings for many years. Usually if someone hasn't heard them, they typically drop their jaw to the floor once they hear the 1st track.:D

Fernando, Love over Gold is really a phenom LP. I have thought it to be of reference quality from the
first release days.
Right now I am listening to some of the Opus 3 LP's... Test Record 1--Depth of Image, Test Record 2- Timbre and Maytan and Friends.
If you don't know these, the 1st track on 'Depth of Image' called Tiden Bara Gar is IMHO one of the best sounding tracks ever laid to vinyl.:cool:They are not kidding when they call this LP 'Depth of Image'....
All of the Opus 3 LP's are amazing... I have used them as reference pressings for many years. Usually if someone hasn't heard them, they typically drop their jaw to the floor once they hear the 1st track.:D

Hi Dave - I do have those Opus records but nor sure if all in vinyl, many years ago I found them quite boring and stored them way down in my rack - but I can give them a try, it is incredible that with many of those stored records one can find true treasures again.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Keith Jarret / Charlie Haden - Jasmine - ECM2166
Keith Jarret, Peacock, DeJohnette - My Foolish Heart - ECM 2021/22
Rabih Abou-Khalil - Morton's Foot JENU 3316-2

Anat Fort Trio - And If - ECM 2109
Tool- Lateralus
Pink Martini- Joy Of The World - HN2007
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue - Columbia

Last edited:
Reactions: AWZ1979
Ray Charles - genius loves company
The best of the Alan Parson's Project-
Gonzalo Rubalcaba - The Blessing - Blue Note

Judy Collins - In My Life

Esther Ofarim - Live in Tel Aviv

Bruce Hoffman - A Tribute to Charles 'Pa' Ingalls

Oliver Nelson: Blues and the Abstract Truth Impulse/AP 45 rpm
Stan Meets Chet Verve/ORG 45 rpm
Mari TBM 45 rpm
Star of Wonder Reference Recordings
The Artistry of Freddie Hubbard Impulse/AP 45 rpm

There were two LPs that really stood out last night: the 45 RPM reissue of Herbie Hancock” Maiden Voyage” and the M&K Direct to Disc “For Duke.” First of all, I want to say thanks to whoever it was on this forum that recommended the Maiden Voyage LP. It is truly outstanding in the both the quality of the playing and the quality of the recording. When you think that Maiden Voyage was recorded in 1965, it makes you sad when you think about most of today’s “modern” recordings. Modern day recording engineers should hang their heads in shame and get on their knees and beg forgiveness for all of the dirt roads they have driven us down. Another LP that should be a wake-up call to where we have gone so wrong is Sonny Rollins “Way Out West.” Wasn’t that recorded in 1957? That LP is scary good sounding.
If you are lucky enough to own the D2D LP “For Duke,” you are rewarded by a very realistic live recording. On the cut “Take the “A” Train,” when that cornet comes in, if you don’t involuntarily blink, something is amiss with your system. That cornet cuts through the air just like it would in real life if you were standing right next to it. In fact, when it comes in, you could almost swear he was in the room blowing that horn it sounds so real and that my friends is a hard feat to pull off.

I brought out a BB King recording the other day that I hadn't played in years. It has seen slightly better days, so I am now officially on the hunt for another copy, but what a pleasure it was to hear again.

BB King - Live in&#3.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing