Bellevue

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
Back issues of Playboy.

Finally getting around to the articles.

Rumpole

Aug 26, 2023
Colorado, USA
Someone must have posted Patrick O'Brian's "Aubrey–Maturin" series already, but I did a search and can't find it. The best historical fiction ever written, with a musical aspect to it (the series starts at a musical performance). I'm re-reading the series for the third time. An advantage of getting older is that I forget many of the details, and the books seem almost new again. :)

master_and_commander.jpg

Reactions: jeff1225 and jazdoc

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Someone must have posted Patrick O'Brian's "Aubrey–Maturin" series already, but I did a search and can't find it. The best historical fiction ever written, with a musical aspect to it (the series starts at a musical performance). I'm re-reading the series for the third time. An advantage of getting older is that I forget many of the details, and the books seem almost new again. :)

View attachment 117910
Patrick O’Brians depth of knowledge regarding the subject matter and period is entirely peerless imho … and like you have just began reading the series for perhaps the fifth time … I am just at the chapter where Aubrey realises that 12lb’er Sub Woofer chasers are entirely too much for his room

Reactions: Rumpole

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

View attachment 117910
You’ve probably seen the movie adaptation of Master and Commander. My single favorite historical movie ever made.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

View attachment 117910
Haven’t read the book but it is one of my all-time favorite movies!

Reactions: jeff1225

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing