What's a great kick-drum track?

Zuman

Feb 25, 2023
What's a great track with well-recorded isolated or dominant kick drum? I want to mess around with positioning and balancing my speakers to first get the sound I want from kick, then bring in vocals and other instruments and make adjustments as necessary. I'm looking for a great kick sound like you'd hear in a well set-up concert setting, not necessarily trying to go with just an authentic unmic'd kick sound. The fewer other instruments in the mix, the better (I'm easily distracted...).
Thanks.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Hopefully, either one of of these might suffice. If you crank 'em both up.

That's very insightful of you to focus first on the bass. I've noticed that getting the bass regions more right first, everything else seems to fall in place a bit more naturally.

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
The records below contain very realistically recorded kick drum with full dynamics. If you really tune the kick drum these are the best IMHO.

Side two Track One
Büyük IMG_0202.jpeg

Side One Track Two
Büyük IMG_0201.jpeg

Whole Disc
Büyük IMG_0200.jpeg

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
One of best recorded drum fat ,realistic and full throttle please
Or more audiophile charly antolini- crash

Last edited:
Reactions: thomask

wbass

Jul 12, 2020
Here's a favorite of mine. Not a live recording, but dig the bass drum/bass guitar hook up.

Zuman

Feb 25, 2023
Thanks for all those suggestions. Very helpful, and you introduced me to some cool new music, too!

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Here's a solid 7 minutes of a steady-beat kick drum - with a few distractions here and there. Though most beneficial in any endeavor at realistic listening volume levels.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing