What is the best Juicer?

pwfletcher

Dec 14, 2011
I need to lower my cholesterol and am going to start making some of these Jamba Juice Smoothies at home every morning. I want to buy the best juicer so that I only have to buy it once, price is no object ... any suggestions? Also, anyone using a heart monitor that connects wirelessly to your iPhone?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello and good morning to you, pwfletcher. You may want to consider the Breville Juice Fountain Plus. While I dislike the fact I am recommending something to consider that I personally have zero experience with, it is the preferred juicer for Cook's Illustrated. FWIW.

Tom

pwfletcher

Dec 14, 2011

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
all good questions

I only make enough juice for that meal. I never store it. Yes I find energy level much better

The cleanup is not difficult as everything is stainless steel. It does take a few minutes to clean due to all the pulp left over. IMO it is the best one out there

Steve Williams

You'll find things to juice that you will use in most of your juices

For example I will use an apple as well as some ginger and frequently a beet to add sweetness and flavor but be warned your stool might be red from the beets

rrr

May 17, 2010
If you are planning to juice vegetables, etc (not citrus) and if cost is not a factor, this would be the choice. We have had several juicers over the years and a couple of years ago got a Norwalk, which I had never heard of. They are made in Arkansas in relatively small numbers and they have a great reputation and loyal following. And they look good on the counter top. Not cheap but you get what you pay for, especially with this juicer.

http://www.norwalkjuicers.com/

Steve Williams

If you are planning to juice vegetables, etc (not citrus) and if cost is not a factor, this would be the choice. We have had several juicers over the years and a couple of years ago got a Norwalk, which I had never heard of. They are made in Arkansas in relatively small numbers and they have a great reputation and loyal following. And they look good on the counter top. Not cheap but you get what you pay for, especially with this juicer.

http://www.norwalkjuicers.com/

It is a wonderful unit. It is quite expensive IIRC

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It is a wonderful unit. It is quite expensive IIRC
It's got some down sides. It is a two stage process where a meat grinder type thing shreds the stuff. Then you have pack those yourself into a fabric that you then feed in the press. Seems pretty messy and involved to me even though as you say they do have a great reputation.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
OT

Do we have a juice recipe thread already?

rrr

May 17, 2010
It's got some down sides. It is a two stage process where a meat grinder type thing shreds the stuff. Then you have pack those yourself into a fabric that you then feed in the press. Seems pretty messy and involved to me even though as you say they do have a great reputation.

We thought the same thing until we used it but it's a nonissue.

Steve Williams

Getting rid of the pulp in any juicer can be messy

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think that the conventional wisdom is that with the blenders you keep more of the fiber but with juicers where there is less friction/heat you get the better nutrients.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing