What is currently the best analog to digital (A/D) converter?

marslo

Member Sponsor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Nagra does not make a dedicated A/D converter. It also includes the mic pre's, and hard drive. If you want to include the all-in-one devices, I'd suggest the following also.

Korg MR2000s
Korg MR2
Tascam DA-3000
Tascam DV-RA1000HD
IZ Technology Radar 6
Sound Devices
Genex AD8 and GX9000/9024
Bruce,
After I purchased Lampi dsd dac I tought about Korg MR2 as relatively inexpensvie solution for ripping my vinyls to dsd.
Which of converters you mentionned has the best P/SQ ratio in your opinion?

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Bruce,
After I purchased Lampi dsd dac I tought about Korg MR2 as relatively inexpensvie solution for ripping my vinyls to dsd.
Which of converters you mentionned has the best P/SQ ratio in your opinion?
Forget the Korg MR2 and get the Tascam DA-3000. It's a great converter that records to SD cards up to DSD128fs. The best part about it is that it has digital in/out, so that if you want in the future, you can purchase a high-end A/D converter. But I doubt you would want to after you hear what the Tascam can do on its own. The DAC section leaves a lot to be desired, but you have the Lampi to take care of that end. All for <$1k USD. It's a steal.....

marslo

Member Sponsor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Thank you , I appreciate very much your suggestion.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Yes good tip bruce .
Next on my audiophile wishlist is a high quality camera /videocamera with a high quality recorder/microphone to make (outdoor nature ) recordings and play them over the stereo.
Digital aint that bad afterall :D
I really like my camera... Canon VIXA G30. Can do 60fps...

I was impressed with the SQ of the Ayre QA-9

Steve N.
Empirical Audio