What is Bliss?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Yeah, just in few more words what is bliss for you?

* I'll give my own thoughts @ the end of this thread...from its eventual destiny/death. :b

The court is all yours.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Fresh baked bread, locally caught fish, fresh vegetables from the garden, eaten on one of our wonderful sunny days with my wife (and kids when around).

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
The awe that comes from contemplating the marvels of this universe, and where we all came from. The joy of following the development of a great piece of music in detail and the admiration of musical genius that manifests itself in the process. The joy of seeing my 4-year old godson grow up as a very happy child. The joy and enthusiasm of contributing to innovation in my field of biochemistry.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Exploring an new, destination with my daughter(s) - buying groceries from a street vendor in Marrakech, ferrying around Lago Maggiore, marvelling at van Gogh at the Musee D'Orsay....

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A cabana at a great beach

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Ridng my bike. Human powered.
Having your competitor know exactly what you are going to do. And do it so well the are powerelss to stop it.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Living "in the moment" (as difficult as it is) and appreciating every moment of life. Life is precious and things can change very quickly. See my signature.

I agree. It's difficult but well worth it. Enjoy what you have and don't be distracted from the moment. Only when I succeed to be in the moment with music and think of nothing else than what happens now and pay attention to what comes next in its development -- no distractions by how it might sound better, or thoughts of anything else -- do I think of it as a moment well worth experienced. Just to name one example.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Being with my wife and family and friends while enjoying great food, music and this beautiful rock we live on!

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Being in love, watching people grow, building lasting things, tending the earth, diving into an ocean under the sun, hearing music and connecting to the people who made it, learning, understanding, letting go and laughter.

Last edited:

Andrew Stenhouse

Feb 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Acceptance and equanimity, peace gentleness and a still mind.

du Pre on vinyl with valves comes a close second.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Those special moments that are forever imprinted in your memory as you travel this amazing world.
-a ski run in Aspen where it is so quiet that you swear you can hear those large snowflakes hitting the ground.
-your entry into Stockholm on a cruise ship as you pass hundreds of small islands some barely large enough to hold the houses built on them
-leaning on one of the Great Pyramids in Egypt
-feeling the historical implications in the Old City of Jerusalem whether walking the Via Dolorosa, standing before the Western Wall or passing the Dome of the Rock. It doesn't matter if you are a religious person or not.
-observing the controlled chaos of commuters making connections in Tokyo's Shinjuku Station.
-a five hour meal with friends in Belgium, Paris, Tuscany or Shanghai knowing you will never be pressured to vacate your table by a hovering waiter.
-getting sprayed by a whale when it surprisingly comes up for air very close to your whale watching boat.
-the view of the harbor from a small Santorini's cafe at lunch
-not sure if it is bliss or frustration knowing you can never have enough time to see everything in the Le Louvre, Uffizi Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, or the Hermitage

I could go on and on.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Making the world a better place to be regardless of how big or small the contribution.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Sitting in a hot tub by the fireplace outdoors high a top a mountain overlooking the Shenandoah mountains whilst enjoying an adult beverage and listening to my rig, wife by my side. Clothing optional.

Tom

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..watching our children and grandchildren succeed in life...growing old with my lovely wife and best friend

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Planning a meal and executing it perfectly! :D

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Living "in the moment" (as difficult as it is) and appreciating every moment of life. Life is precious and things can change very quickly. See my signature.

Making the world a better place to be regardless of how big or small the contribution.

Agreed... also the momentary glimpses of the true nature of mind and the ultimate reality that we are all the same that can occur when the mind is resting in it's natural state (unencumbered by restless thought).

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It's an inner state of deep calmness and peace and one with all.

“A transcendental state of superior calm including within itself the consciousness of a great expansion and that of ‘all in One and One in all.’”
When that sense of ego, of separation, melts away, a feeling of total connectedness, of no sense of a “me” separate from all of creation descends, that is bliss consciousness.

It's cream cheese (camembert) on cucumber's slices atop tiny buns of French bread from the oven. It's my avatar. :b

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing