What does New Post mean

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Latest activity seems to be self explanatory. And it meets my expectation of the name. New Post has me confused. I see the most random new and old stuff pop up there. When I see New Post on a forum, to me, that should mean a new thread has been started. Something different to see. Even if New Post is suppose to have some other purpose, it would be nice to had a New Thread link where all the threads on the forum are chronologically listed. When you open the link, you can see any new topics.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Posts are contained under the headings of threads. A post (a message), is not a topic, it is not a thread, although it can be about a topic. New Post does not necessarily mean a new thread.
However, instead of having a separate link to view New Threads, the forum software shows both new posts and new threads under the link heading of New Posts. Seems straightforward to me.

Having an option to view all threads, or the last N days of new threads, chronologically could be a simple SQL query. A question is cost and utility versus the need for such. You could ask if people need a New Thread option and why?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I have never understood how the “New posts” list is conjured up. I never use it.

The only thing I ever look at is “Latest activity.”

Last edited:
Reactions: bonzo75

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I have never understood how the “New posts” list is conjured up. I never use it.

The only thing I ever look at is “Latest activity.”
While I only click on “New Posts”. “LA” shows way too many lines of activity that I don’t care for including people’s reactions to posts. They serve different preferences.

david

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
yes. I only use new post. it is different for nothing less than its longevity. New to me but not necessarily recent.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing