What Do People Recommend For EQ Setting For My Mic/Voice

Logics2996

Mar 25, 2021
So i have been running with the EQ setting for a while that i have posted a link to below.
my voice is quite deep and i would like it to sound more full and not as deep as it is as i do voiceovers on my youtube videos.
i am using Equalizer APO 1.2.1 with VSTPlugins, I am using the reaeq plugin to equalize my voice. as i listen to my voice back my P's and S's come across as very sharp and i would like them not to be as sharp.
any help on this would be really appreciated as i have been playing around with it for a while and this is where i have got to.

^^^ recordings and EQ Setting i have on currently.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Logics

Might I recommend you try not going above unity gain on your eq settings and simply knock down the LF from 100 Hz on down to mellow out the deepness of your voice. For the Ps and Ss drop the level with a center frequency of 1.5 kHz with a mediem Q until the pops and sibilance are to your liking. To make your voice fuller just add a gentle amount of reverb just below the point where you recognize the reverb as reverrb. The swan dive should be closer to perfect :) Hope this helps :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Oh if it is too low just raise the channel gain

Logics2996

Mar 25, 2021
Oh if it is too low just raise the channel gain
Hi Logics

Might I recommend you try not going above unity gain on your eq settings and simply knock down the LF from 100 Hz on down to mellow out the deepness of your voice. For the Ps and Ss drop the level with a center frequency of 1.5 kHz with a mediem Q until the pops and sibilance are to your liking. To make your voice fuller just add a gentle amount of reverb just below the point where you recognize the reverb as reverrb. The swan dive should be closer to perfect :) Hope this helps :)
how would i add reverb or recognise the reverb, iv done everything else and my voice sounds alot better, i just dont know how to add reverb

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi you'd need to us another plug in along with real eq. You should have a basic one in your VST library. If not, there are a ton of free VST Reverb plug ins that can be dowloaded. Just remember to be judicious with use as i believe APO is a system wide Eq.:)

Last edited:

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Hi you'd need to us another plug in along with real eq. You should have a basic one in your VST library. If not, there are a ton of free VST Reverb plug ins that can be dowloaded. Just remember to be judicious with use as i believe APO is a system wide Eq.:)
Do you sing Jack?
david

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Only in the shower or at gun point David

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing