What are the Top Horn Speakers in the World Today? Vox Olympian vs Avantgarde Trio vs ???

I didn't really know where to post this. I would not say they are anything special. I bet they do have issues when you make them work. I don't know how much the small compression driver did on top. It may just be high frequency. I was told they are stock. But hey, they are a wall of sound. I remember my rocker days and what a single 4x12 did. A double stack was absurd. This is 8x15 inch.

I took a friend to see the horns today and the store was closed. Says open every day 12 to 6. We were there at 2. Owe well.

A friend said they might be EAW. Local brand.
There is a record store on Vashon Island. That is where they are set up. The store just changed ownership. Pretty small. They need a new batch of media. Most records were a couple bucks. Then I found a nice Kinks and it was $50. Broke my heart.

EAW MC 4973. Tri-amped THX system for large and very large cinemas. Hear it squashed and probably maladjusted in a tiny room and blame all horn systems as bad forever.

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing