What are the Covers You Like Better than the Original?

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
The great Tim Hardin song, no not If I were a carpenter, It’ll never happen again. Those first few lines say it all.

Reactions: jazdoc

kozzmo

Nov 19, 2019
Juliana Hatfield's version of Elliot Smith's Needle in the Hay

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Original by Macklemore

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Stevie Wonder is almost impossible to cover but I really like this one from one of my favorite LP's this year

Reactions: pjwd

HungarianPal

Jul 18, 2020
Hungary
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the queen of covers.
After leaving Ike and before her great comeback with the Private Dancer LP, Tina did not have the luxuary of being handed great original songs but she liked to cover songs she loved, which she did not give up even afterwards.

Here is a New Year special - all songs are great covers except the last one Nutbush, which she had penned herself.

Cat People
Acid Queen
Let's Stay Together
HELP!

• Love
Reactions: Al M.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing