• Total voters

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
New Power cable... $3500

New dress.... $350

Sounds equal to me!! :rolleyes:

Sometimes logic eludes us.

Many years ago, my ex-wife was telling me about how she wanted to buy a new Chanel suit for work. I looked at the prices and almost dropped when I saw that Chanel suits cost $1500. (you can tell how long ago this was by the price.) She very calmly and sweetly looked at me and said, "honey, it's the price of one of your cartridges." :( (and you can tell how long ago that was too by the price of the cartridge!)

That said, my girl friend is a trained soprano and loves all forms of music. Better yet, our cat's like music, especially Buddy who is one cool jazz cat with a predilection for jazz guitar! :)

Last edited:

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I had all of my equipment and listening room/theater before my wife and I met. In fact, on our first date, I did the audiophile equivalent of "Would you like to come see my etchings?" Which in fact was "would you like to come here my music system?" Played The Turtle Creek Chorale CD: Psalms. Played Psalm 8 --- she was hooked.

That said, she likes background music and really has zero interest in sitting down to listen. She LOVES sitting down to watch movies with me of almost all generes.

I have made a lot of audio purchases since we met but probably 90+% of the cost of that equipment was covered by selling something else so she has never really questioned my purchases!

Most of my spending is now music or movies. (as long as I stay away from shows like CEDIA or CES or RMAF.

Saturntube

Industry Expert
Feb 8, 2011
Austin Texas
www.SadurniAcoustics.com
My wife HATES audio, I can see her gut twitching everytime I talk about audio or any time she sees a cardboard box. She is totally convinced that every piece of gear I own is worth over 50 k... Almost never goes into my dedicated room anymore.
Just for fun I now keep empty cardboard boxes all around the house, and shift them periodically!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing