Wadax Reference Dac and Server arrive

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Didn’t you as others put Extreme above Wadax Ref. Server until now?
Have we to begin to let Taiko another chance to beat it one more time with Olympus?

No. I have never heard a Wadax in my system so I could never make that assessment.

How many people have heard the current Extreme and the current Wadax plus Ref PS in their systems?

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
No. I have never heard a Wadax in my system so I could never make that assessment.

How many people have heard the current Extreme and the current Wadax plus Ref PS in their systems?
I heard Wadax/Taiko and Wadax (not PSU) is another level clearly. However Taiko's fans always think Taiko is better than Wadax. I understand the reason.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I heard Wadax/Taiko and Wadax (not PSU) is another level clearly. However Taiko's fans always think Taiko is better than Wadax. I understand the reason.

You sound like this is a competition. Everyone has their favorite equipment which is fine but if people want to be objective they can't let their biases get in the way.

In what system did you hear both the Wadax and the current version of the Extreme including XDMS-NSM with the router and switch?

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
You sound like this is a competition. Everyone has their favorite equipment which is fine but if people want to be objective they can't let their biases get in the way.

In what system did you hear both the Wadax and the current version of the Extreme including XDMS-NSM with the router and switch?
I know you will say that. I don't have needs to hear current version Extreme because I know how my Wadax is. You like your Taiko and I love my Wadax. Maybe you should listen Wadax, not me.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I know you will say that. I don't have needs to hear current version Extreme because I know how my Wadax is. You like your Taiko and I love my Wadax. Maybe you should listen Wadax, not me.

I have heard the Wadax at 2 different shows but that isn't going to influence my view. If someone wants to bring a wadax over to my house to listen to it I would be thrilled. I doubt that would happen.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I wanted Gillian Anderson to come over to my house, but that never happened either.

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
I have heard the Wadax at 2 different shows but that isn't going to influence my view. If someone wants to bring a wadax over to my house to listen to it I would be thrilled. I doubt that would happen.
If you said that, I also heard the full combo of the current version Taiko and I don't understand why many Taiko's fans think XDMS is better than Roon. Even Emile also have to admit Roon and know XDMS is not good. Emile also said that in Taiko's forum. However Taiko's fans praise XDMS. I understood taste of Taiko's fans.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
If you said that, I also heard the full combo of the current version Taiko and I don't understand why many Taiko's fans think XDMS is better than Roon. Even Emile also have to admit Roon and know XDMS is not good. Emile also said that in Taiko's forum. However Taiko's fans praise XDMS. I understood taste of Taiko's fans.

I prefer Roon over XDMS but they have released a completely updated XDMS-NSM and it sound much better than either Roon and XDMS. As I said, you haven't heard the current version.

Honestly, I don't care which you prefer. It means nothing to me. But please don't think we are having an objective conversation. You just want to wave the flag for team Wadax, which is fine. I am trying to be objective.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I wanted Gillian Anderson to come over to my house, but that never happened either.
Wadax looks more like Darth Vader than Gillian Anderson !;)

Reactions: aangen

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
I prefer Roon over XDMS but they have released a completely updated XDMS-NSM and it sound much better than either Roon and XDMS. As I said, you haven't heard the current version.

Honestly, I don't care which you prefer. It means nothing to me. But please don't think we are having an objective conversation. You just want to wave the flag for team Wadax, which is fine. I am trying to be objective.
No problem. I always know what Taiko's fans think.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
No problem. I always know what Taiko's fans think.

I am not a Taiko fan. I own a Taiko Audio Extreme. Like every other piece of equipment I own I have selected based on how it sounds and if I can afford it. I don't think you understand that.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Take the fight to the playground sandpit gentlemen. This forum is for the rather more mature. Happy listening.

Oh, like posting a picture of a Cybertruck.

I am done.

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
I am not a Taiko fan. I own a Taiko Audio Extreme. Like every other piece of equipment I own I have selected based on how it sounds and if I can afford it. I don't think you understand that.
Ok, me too. I also selected based on how it sounds.

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
Take the fight to the playground sandpit gentlemen. This forum is for the rather more mature. Happy listening.
Ok. Wish you feel happy with your illusion!

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Wadax looks more like Darth Vader than Gillian Anderson !;)
Not if it was Gillian Anderson in a Darth Vader costume though… then it’d be like the best of both worlds just more spandex than wadax…

IMG_1032.jpeg

Last edited:

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
enough already of the kerfuffle'ing.

i'm going to try to change the vibe of my previously positive thread back to the fun stuff.........

today i ordered a Wadax Ref Server Power Supply. :) 45 kilograms of musical love. don't yet know how soon it will arrive, but i am excited about it.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing