Wadax in the UK

Lotus

Jun 22, 2013
www.lotushifi.co.uk
Dear Wadax fans ... just wanted to share my enthusiasm and a few pictures of the full spec Wadax Reference setup which I am currently hosting here at my dealership in London. It's my great privilege to engage with this wonderful equipment over an extended period, and I am having huge fun understanding what all the various cable and power supply options contribute into the final mix. The Wadax presentation is not unfamiliar to me, feeling similar in ethos/aims to our most popular digital offering here (Tidal Akras+Camira or Contros) but the outer performance ceiling of the beast from Madrid is something truly remarkable. New territory .. a new bar.

Full system comprises:

Wadax Atlantis Reference DAC + Optical system
Wadax Atlantis Reference Server + reference power supply
Wadax DC reference cables x3
Thrax Libra 300B linestage
Tidal Ferios Mono amps
Rockport Orion
Hemingway Z-core Beta XLR + Speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma mains cables (Wadax)
Tara Labs Muse mains cables (Thrax)
Tidal Assoluta mains cables (Tidal)
Shunyata Everest + Typhon

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
My sincere congratulations on (undoubtedly) a beautiful sounding system. Being a (heavy) Tital Audio and Wadax user myself for many years I fully understand your enthusiasm. Did you start immediately with the complete Wadax set up (including the reference PSU for the server and three Akasa reference dc cables) or did you add the latter maybe later on?

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

Lotus

Jun 22, 2013
www.lotushifi.co.uk
Thanks AC. We installed everything in one go but I have been swapping out/removing power supplies, cables etc. and also reverting to my best USB vs. the Akasa optical, to understand how the various parts all dovetail together. Also of course, files vs. Qobuz. I will be writing all my findings into a long article on my website in January. The Wadax is worthy of so many words .... so much to describe and explain.

Hope the La Assoluta are still going strong. Heard a set at the factory just 4 weeks ago as it happens. Always a pleasure.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks AC. We installed everything in one go but I have been swapping out/removing power supplies, cables etc. and also reverting to my best USB vs. the Akasa optical, to understand how the various parts all dovetail together. Also of course, files vs. Qobuz. I will be writing all my findings into a long article on my website in January. The Wadax is worthy of so many words .... so much to describe and explain.

Hope the La Assoluta are still going strong. Heard a set at the factory just 4 weeks ago as it happens. Always a pleasure.
Oh yes, I am still extremely happy with my LA’s. To my ears they - just as the Wadax reference dac and server - (still) sound absolute magnificent. Have not yet experienced Tidal’s latest line - the various Tidal for Bugatti pieces - and I know Jorn has quite a strong opinion about the unique performance of this line, but I will definitely keep on enjoying my LA’s.

Interesting to read about your experiences with the Wadax reference components. Maybe you can a put a link on WBF once you are ready with your comments?

Lotus

Jun 22, 2013
www.lotushifi.co.uk
I would be happy to link back here when everything is published. Should be quite a long article. Still yet to experiment with footers and grounding. There is even more to come for sure.

You should definitely experience the Bugatti Royales. Really quite an astonishing experience and a testament to Jorn's investment, hard work and dedication across the entire TFB project. Our Bugatti system should be here in Q2/Q3 and you are most welcome to visit here in London for a listen.

Reactions: WADAX

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
I would be happy to link back here when everything is published. Should be quite a long article. Still yet to experiment with footers and grounding. There is even more to come for sure.

You should definitely experience the Bugatti Royales. Really quite an astonishing experience and a testament to Jorn's investment, hard work and dedication across the entire TFB project. Our Bugatti system should be here in Q2/Q3 and you are most welcome to visit here in London for a listen.
Thanks for your kind invitation.

And please believe me, with top notch grounding - such as with Tripoint Audio - the Wadax combo does not sound significantly better imo but much, much better! The Tidal LA’s let me experience the profound grounding benefits very clearly. Of course Javier added for a good reason the dedicated grounding binding posts on all reference components. Even not (only) grounding one but both PSU’s of the Wadax reference dac is more than worthwhile step for the better.

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Here are some photos from the Audio Show Deluxe 2024 which were took place at Whittlebury Hall (UK) last weekend. We featured a full Level 4 Wadax system comprising Atlantis Reference DAC and Server, Reference PSU and Akasa optical and DC cables.

IMG_0152.jpeg IMG_0151.jpeg IMG_0153.jpeg IMG_0155.jpeg

Many thanks to Carlo at Audio-Philia for talking the pictures.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing