VSi 75

bmichels

Nov 30, 2012
Gentlemens,
I intend to purchase a AR REF DAC and an AR AMP.

For the AMP, I am hesitating between the REF75 and the VSi75.

- I somehow prefer the look of the VSi75 ;) but... I wonder if the REF 75 sound really better than the VSi 75 ? I don't want to compromise on the sound just for the look of those 4 tubes !

- And If I get a VSi75, since it is an Integrated AMP, can I bypass it's pre-amp/volume controle (and use it only as a powerAMP) in order to use the Pré-Amp & Volume controle of the REF DAC ?

thanks in advance

dafos

Sep 17, 2010
I don't believe you can bypass the line section of the vsi 75 to connect directly to its power amp section. Since you intend to purchase the reference DAC whose output stage seems very similar to that of a reference 5se line stage, go for the ref 75 power amp. Whats the point of purchasing an integrated amp just to bypass its line stage?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing