Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Let's see how close we are to the popular vote...opps I typo'd the pres. It's BARACK, sorry Mr. President.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I hope everyone in US votes (I mean the real elections :) ). We have had many close elections of late so everyone may count. We put ours in the mail a couple of days ago (our deadline is Nov. 6th). I must say, the process does take time as due to obscure local initiatives and smaller elections. But nothing that some online searching doesn't uncover.

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
I love to vote. It's one little voice that does indeed count. I live in a super affluent township on the somewhat lesser (affluent) side of the dividing road. M. Night Shyamalan, lives down the street on the "other" side of the road (he bought a duPont estate). We form two lines in the school where we vote, the left hand line is for the M. Nights, the right hand line for more regular people. It's the one time of the year where we get to see each other live and in person and not passing by in an S Class. I love it because OUR LINE IS SHORTER, hehehe!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I vote that every citizen has a living wage, owns a home and has access to decent medical care.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I vote that every citizen has a living wage, owns a home and has access to decent medical care.

I'd drop the "owns a home." You can make a living wage and not be able to afford to own a home. And the repercussions of making home ownership falsely affordable to millions who can't really afford it are weighing heavily on the world economy right now. I'd just include rent in that living wage. And I'd add "affordable" to access to medical care. Actually, define "living wage" properly and the rest takes care of itself.

Tim

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA

This would require a redistrubution of income on a scale that would make the Cuban revolution seem like a walk in the park. Aint going to happen in our lifetime. Probaby a lot easier to just move to Sweden if it wasn't so bloody cold.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I'm voting the way this girl would on Halloween. Girl #1 trick or treats for 1/2 hour and has 50 pieces of candy. Girl #2 trick or treats for 2 hours and has 200 pieces of candy. Mom comes in and says to daughter #2, please give 100 pieces of candy to your sister who only has 50 pieces. Daughter 2 says why ? I don't like that....Mom says, I am just spreading the wealth darling. I wonder how girl #2 would vote ?

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I'm voting the way this girl would on Halloween. Girl #1 trick or treats for 1/2 hour and has 50 pieces of candy. Girl #2 trick or treats for 2 hours and has 200 pieces of candy. Mom comes in and says to daughter #2, please give 100 pieces of candy to your sister who only has 50 pieces. Daughter 2 says why ? I don't like that....Mom says, I am just spreading the wealth darling. I wonder how girl #2 would vote ?

What if girls 1 was trick or treating for 4 hours in the blistering cold in the hood in Chicago and collected 10 pieces, and girl 2 was driven around in a subdivision in Greewich Connecticut for 1 hour in her mom's Cadillac Escalade and collected 100 pieces?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
What if girls 1 was trick or treating for 4 hours in the blistering cold in the hood in Chicago and collected 10 pieces, and girl 2 was driven around in a subdivision in Greewich Connecticut for 1 hour in her mom's Cadillac Escalade and collected 100 pieces?

I'd say girl 2 has got it better. That is life.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I'd say girl 2 has got it better. That is life.

The question is would you vote for the guy that qualifies girl 1 as a leeching 47%'er or the guy that is proposing girl 2 chips in a few candies so girl one can buy health insurance.....

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Interesting: The order in which the candidates names are listed doesn't follow the alphabetical order ... Freudian slip?

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
Interesting: The order in which the candidates names are listed doesn't follow the alphabetical order ... Freudian slip?

Perhaps the vbulletin system ordered them by net worth?

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Won't end bad if people behave themselves :)

True. When Bill O'Reilly and Jon Stewart can pull off a civilized debate there is hope. Things tend to get nasty when people get religeous about their politics are political about their religion.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue

Here's a one view of what would happen with 'candy redistribution'...

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010

I love this video! Of course, I cannot go on record saying this.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Rent equals mortgage+maintenance + profit +i insurance+tax and insurance. So mortgage is cheaper.

Home prices were artificially appreciated to support home equity loans. We easily promote home ownership coming out of WWII.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Rent equals mortgage+maintenance + profit +i insurance+tax and insurance. So mortgage is cheaper.

Home prices were artificially appreciated to support home equity loans. We easily promote home ownership coming out of WWII.

There's an awful lot to the housing bubble that is missing from your explanation, Greg. And we'll need to be building an awful lot of subsidized affordable housing before your math adds up to anything cheap enough for the average service economy worker to buy.

Tim

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010

The problem with this POV, to give it far too much credit,is that it's...oh, what's the politically correct way to put this...I should have learned this watching the debates..."untrue?" That'll do.all obama is proposing is letting some temporary tax cuts expire, leaving us with what will still be the lowest permanent top tax rate in decades. Whether or not it is the right thing for the economy at this time is another subject. whether or not we need a completely different tax system is a whole other can of worms, but it is not re-distribution of wealth. It' is, in fact, letting a temporary re-distribution come to it's planned and timely end.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing