Visit to Goebel company

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
On 29 and 30 november i will go with Audiograffiti to visit Goebel company.
We will see the company and their production and will listen the speakers Divin Noblesse and Epoque Aeon Reference with CH D1 C1 L1 X1 M1.1 mono
and Goebel cable

I will bring my reference cd and will do test and listening with both speakers.

If someone need some information,can ask me and i will ask him

Will do report and photos when come back

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Have fun with Oliver

Reactions: gian60

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
On 29 and 30 november i will go with Audiograffiti to visit Goebel company.
We will see the company and their production and will listen the speakers Divin Noblesse and Epoque Aeon Reference with CH D1 C1 L1 X1 M1.1 mono
and Goebel cable

I will bring my reference cd and will do test and listening with both speakers.

If someone need some information,can ask me and i will ask him

Will do report and photos when come back

I'm sure you will have fun. I have also been there and it was a great experience.
Still have to pay him a visit to hear the Aeon Reference.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Friday 29 i visited Oliver and his company.
I arrived at 16 with a friend,Audiograffiti owner,that could be will became distributor in Italy.

After a warm hello from Oliver with coffee,water,and some cake,we saw his company and explained us his job and how build his products and show us some small part of their products,his laboratory,office,a small anechoic room to test some driver.
To test the final speaker he rent the anechoic room of Munchen University,very expensive,told me.

Company is small,with 5 people working,including Oliver,but perfect organization like a German company has.

We was immediately very impressive from very high grade of construction,really incredible,every small detail has the top alloy,and top construction,impossible to find better,and every small detail of the speaker,from the screw,the internal absorber material,position of crossover,with top silver component,the feet of the speakers,ecc ecc ecc is really the top.
Driver are built from external company with some Gobel modified and all have the patented Banding Wave system that he patented 16 years ago.
He told us he started to build speaker after patented Bending Wave,otherwise had no interest to do a normal speaker.

Here is some photos of the company

Attachments

• IMG_9407.jpg
    IMG_9407.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9408.jpg
    IMG_9408.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_9417.jpg
    IMG_9417.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_9418.jpg
    IMG_9418.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_9420.jpg
    IMG_9420.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 95

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Really impressive the construction in every details,

Here the feet of Divine Noblesse,and the ring is on the 3 ceramic ball,similar ti Finite element but he modified the hole for the ceramic ball and put the top ceramic ball possible that are also very expensive.
Here a very very heavy Special Aluminium to put bass driver of Aeon Speaker

The incredible flat driver of Aeon Line,from 160 HZ to 31.000 HZ with dispersion of 180 degree

And the heavy cabinet,around 35/38 kg,that is the base for the Aeon Before Petite subwoofer

Attachments

• IMG_9411.jpg
    IMG_9411.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9419.jpg
    IMG_9419.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9422.jpg
    IMG_9422.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9437.jpg
    IMG_9437.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: GMKF

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Great thread...more pictures and details please!

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Finish dinner,i go on.

The listening room is no big but sound very well,Oliver tell is not very good,but absolutely no bass problems and mid high open and airy.
He use CH Precision electronic,L1 with X1,C1 with X1 and M1.1 mono.
He has also D1 but was not connected and P1 but haven't turntable,He has P1 probably to bring to the shows where always use Kronos with Louis
Rack are the new Finite element Pagode Reference MK 2
Streaming Melco with a professional clock made in Germany,very good and not very expensive

I was little disappointed because i brought my reference CD to listen with D1 but was not connected,so we listened music from streaming that i don't like,but at the same time i was very happy and very very exciting to listen his speakers with same mine electronics,and same my rack and with some same cables,i have Gobel XLR between L1 and M1 mono and power cable for M1.
Slowly i will go on to buy all cables my system need.

Speaker connected was Aeon Reference with sub Aeon Baforce Petite and his crossover.
Sub was cut at 45 hz,and has also Divine Noblesse,so we listen from 16.45 to 19.45 Aeon Reference,then very good dinner with fantastic meat and beer,and then come back to listen Divin Noblesse

Attachments

• IMG_9413.jpg
    IMG_9413.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9430.jpg
    IMG_9430.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9416.jpg
    IMG_9416.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9425.jpg
    IMG_9425.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9428.jpg
    IMG_9428.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 79

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I listen in Munich for 2 years Epoque Reference,old model, 3 and 4 years ago and this year Divin Noblesse with Engstrom.
I liked a lot but didn't understood very well his sound like other big systems in Munich,for room,noise,song i don't know,amp,ecc,ecc
To understand you need to listen at home or in some shop of friends.

So was very exciting to listen with incredible combination with my CH and my rack.

Starting with Aeon Reference.
I was more excited to listen this because Divin series is fantastic,but is a normal speaker,even if has the technology of Bending Wave,that is their core technology produced in house,while the Aeon Reference has one carbon Bending Wave driver that is completely manufactured in house,starting from laminating the membrane,pressing under vacuum,complete mounting of the motor assembly,ecc,ecc.
I always liked one way speaker for his natural sound,even with his problems,so was exciting to listen this driver because start from 160 hz to 31.000 hz with 12 woofers ,small but very fast.
Oliver put 2/3 songs i didn't know so i kept the Ipad from Oliver's hand and start to find and to listen song i know and some i use in my system like reference song.

I was really shocked for the quality,sound was very homogeneous and fast.Driver very transparent and very natural,very big scene because this driver has a 180 degree of dispersion,with simple music very natural and also with big orchestra jazz and classic music all instrument big and separated and in Missa Criola the choir was very deep and very natural voice.
Bass was very fast and deep
We listen this speaker alone and then Oliver add the sub Before Petite with his crossover,cut at 45 hz.
Another shock.
Small sub has 8 9" woofer with 8 amp of 250 watt each,one for woofer.

I listen many times Klipshorn and some Basshorn from ALE in at least 2 system,Bass from big horn like Yamamura Dionisio,i had Krell Master Reference,fantastic sub,and i had for 4 years Sound Lab mono B1,electrostatic sub cut at 100 hz and driven by ML 20 bridge,400 watt,sub large 1.20 mt and high 2.20 mt each,cut at 100 hz with ML LNC 2 mono,so some good bass i listen in my life,but never listen as good like this.
Very fast,full and very deep,and don't dirty the bass and mid bass of the Aeon.I cannot image 2 of this,or the bigger,double than this.

This sub will be fantastic in all others system and can be sold separately .
Fantastic also the Aeon Before Controller,a crossover completely analog,where can select,the volume,cut,phases,ecc,ecc

After dinner we listened from 21.40 to 24 the Divin Noblesse.
I was happy to listen,but already satisfied with Aeon and his fantastic driver,so less interest than before,but when put some song i know i listen immedialty another incredible speaker.
With his 95 db efficiency sound exit very fast and easily from speaker,bass and mid bass full,deep and natural and tweeter with big pressure and very very transparent.
Seems to listen an horn speaker without the problems of horn speaker.

Mr. Pozzi of Audiograffiti was also shocked because never listen a better speaker in his life.
He was first distributor in Italy of Avalon and Magico,so listen all the top models,he sold 2 Wilson Alexandria,and many big speaker in his life but never listen this quality.

He is thinking to become Italian distributor,but problem in Italy there are big crisis since some years and is very difficult to sell this speaker with the price list of 195.000 euro,even if he tried also Gobel cable with top Mit cable he has,is European distributor of MIT,and liked a lot Goebel cable.
But he is crazy,so is thinking if do,also for prestige.

I listen many times in shop or from friend Avalon Isis and one time the new Saga,Magico Q5 and Q7 and the M Project,Wilson Alexandria,Viva horn,Big Marten,Avantgarde Trio with 3 or 4 Basshorn,Acapella Triolon and the bigger,Yamamura Dionisio,and many others but this 2 speakers are at another level,of construction and sound.

First thing i would like to buy the sub Baforce Petite,but is impossible to bring with his 210 kg to my room for 2 bad and small ladder.

I never will buy one of these 2 speakers because first are too expensive for me,and then if i will win a lottery will be near impossible to bring in my room,at the last floor of my home with 2 small ladder for their dimension and big weight,but sometimes is good to dream.

If someone ask me which speaker of this 2 i prefer,i don't know,both are fantastic and i didn't understood which i prefer.

Regards

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I would like to bring my Vyger and my Studer to Oliver listening room to listen with my vynil and tape

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
The Divin Nobless with the Wadax, Engstrom and TechDAS/Kronos gear this past May in Munich was one of the great sounding
rooms at both shows!

Reactions: CKKeung

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Many thanks for the great report. Did Oliver say anything about the 3rd version of Divin which should be smallest model....I recall reading somewhere that there were going to be 3 versions of Divin?

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
I would like to bring my Vyger and my Studer to Oliver listening room to listen with my vynil and tape
Ciao Gian. This Is a great idea! You'll have fun and full satisfaction with the best of your vinyl collection.
About weight what's exactly the problem? You pay two or three piano movers and they'll take the speakers at your upper floor.
When I bought my MM3's they worked very hard to take each section (80 kilograms each, Total 240 kg) to my apartment at fourth floor. It costs me a lot of Money but there was no other options. In any case take care of your floor, sometimes I ask myself if I have been mad to choose a speaker those weight is 240 kg each but audiophiles very often can be crazy... or not?
ciao
Marco

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The Divin Nobless with the Wadax, Engstrom and TechDAS/Kronos gear this past May in Munich was one of the great sounding
rooms at both shows!
I listened to both models of the Goebel Divin Series several times in Hong Kong.

I can confidently say that they belong to the very top league of dynamic driver speakers in the current market, as competitive as those more popular brands.

Reactions: Elliot G.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you for this report, again!

I think the Divins are the ideal speakers for someone who listens to a variety of musical genres and who wants the dynamics and jump factor (approaching that of horns) achievable with very sensitive dynamic driver loudspeakers.

And Oliver is a delight!

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Many thanks for the great report. Did Oliver say anything about the 3rd version of Divin which should be smallest model....I recall reading somewhere that there were going to be 3 versions of Divin?
Come to Axpona 2020 for a surprise

Reactions: ashandger

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I listen in Munich for 2 years Epoque Reference,old model, 3 and 4 years ago and this year Divin Noblesse with Engstrom.
I liked a lot but didn't understood very well his sound like other big systems in Munich,for room,noise,song i don't know,amp,ecc,ecc
To understand you need to listen at home or in some shop of friends.

So was very exciting to listen with incredible combination with my CH and my rack.

Starting with Aeon Reference.
I was more excited to listen this because Divin series is fantastic,but is a normal speaker,even if has the technology of Bending Wave,that is their core technology produced in house,while the Aeon Reference has one carbon Bending Wave driver that is completely manufactured in house,starting from laminating the membrane,pressing under vacuum,complete mounting of the motor assembly,ecc,ecc.
I always liked one way speaker for his natural sound,even with his problems,so was exciting to listen this driver because start from 160 hz to 31.000 hz with 12 woofers ,small but very fast.
Oliver put 2/3 songs i didn't know so i kept the Ipad from Oliver's hand and start to find and to listen song i know and some i use in my system like reference song.

I was really shocked for the quality,sound was very homogeneous and fast.Driver very transparent and very natural,very big scene because this driver has a 180 degree of dispersion,with simple music very natural and also with big orchestra jazz and classic music all instrument big and separated and in Missa Criola the choir was very deep and very natural voice.
Bass was very fast and deep
We listen this speaker alone and then Oliver add the sub Before Petite with his crossover,cut at 45 hz.
Another shock.
Small sub has 8 9" woofer with 8 amp of 250 watt each,one for woofer.

I listen many times Klipshorn and some Basshorn from ALE in at least 2 system,Bass from big horn like Yamamura Dionisio,i had Krell Master Reference,fantastic sub,and i had for 4 years Sound Lab mono B1,electrostatic sub cut at 100 hz and driven by ML 20 bridge,400 watt,sub large 1.20 mt and high 2.20 mt each,cut at 100 hz with ML LNC 2 mono,so some good bass i listen in my life,but never listen as good like this.
Very fast,full and very deep,and don't dirty the bass and mid bass of the Aeon.I cannot image 2 of this,or the bigger,double than this.

This sub will be fantastic in all others system and can be sold separately .
Fantastic also the Aeon Before Controller,a crossover completely analog,where can select,the volume,cut,phases,ecc,ecc

After dinner we listened from 21.40 to 24 the Divin Noblesse.
I was happy to listen,but already satisfied with Aeon and his fantastic driver,so less interest than before,but when put some song i know i listen immedialty another incredible speaker.
With his 95 db efficiency sound exit very fast and easily from speaker,bass and mid bass full,deep and natural and tweeter with big pressure and very very transparent.
Seems to listen an horn speaker without the problems of horn speaker.

Mr. Pozzi of Audiograffiti was also shocked because never listen a better speaker in his life.
He was first distributor in Italy of Avalon and Magico,so listen all the top models,he sold 2 Wilson Alexandria,and many big speaker in his life but never listen this quality.

He is thinking to become Italian distributor,but problem in Italy there are big crisis since some years and is very difficult to sell this speaker with the price list of 195.000 euro,even if he tried also Gobel cable with top Mit cable he has,is European distributor of MIT,and liked a lot Goebel cable.
But he is crazy,so is thinking if do,also for prestige.

I listen many times in shop or from friend Avalon Isis and one time the new Saga,Magico Q5 and Q7 and the M Project,Wilson Alexandria,Viva horn,Big Marten,Avantgarde Trio with 3 or 4 Basshorn,Acapella Triolon and the bigger,Yamamura Dionisio,and many others but this 2 speakers are at another level,of construction and sound.

First thing i would like to buy the sub Baforce Petite,but is impossible to bring with his 210 kg to my room for 2 bad and small ladder.

I never will buy one of these 2 speakers because first are too expensive for me,and then if i will win a lottery will be near impossible to bring in my room,at the last floor of my home with 2 small ladder for their dimension and big weight,but sometimes is good to dream.

If someone ask me which speaker of this 2 i prefer,i don't know,both are fantastic and i didn't understood which i prefer.

Regards
I have the same issues and I own them all

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
How do the 2 models compare in terms of transparency and low level detail....guessing Epoque Ref is better in these areas?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
to me the difference is in the way they launch music into the space. There is a very different feel to the two speakers and yet they are both transparent and have great detail with extremely low noise floor. The bending wave driver is unique and singular in its ability to produce to me the feel of live music. I think the main difference is in this area and one which I could easily live with no matter my choice. The Aeon's are not efficient and need more power which is very different from the Devin series. Oliver has produced IMHO two wonderful product lines and gives the listener the choice as to their preferences.

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
to me the difference is in the way they launch music into the space. There is a very different feel to the two speakers and yet they are both transparent and have great detail with extremely low noise floor. The bending wave driver is unique and singular in its ability to produce to me the feel of live music. I think the main difference is in this area and one which I could easily live with no matter my choice. The Aeon's are not efficient and need more power which is very different from the Devin series. Oliver has produced IMHO two wonderful product lines and gives the listener the choice as to their preferences.

Great. Many thanks for the feedback

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Both have similar transparency and low level detail,Divin for high efficiency and very high quality driver and tweeter,sound is very transparent and come out easily from speaker for high efficiency and listen easily every detail,Aeon Reference has flat driver from 160 to 31.000 hz,with lot of quality,transparency and full of detail
If you listen pop and rock music or synphonic orchestra could be Divin little better,if you listen voice,choir,chamber music,jazz,could be Aeon little better,
If you listen everything,you have to buy both

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing