VAD DAC 10 DSD. Anybody heard this DAC?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Gpoint-Audio in the UK sells this brand.

Last edited:

geordie

Jun 19, 2014
Turning the post about another product into `Lampi` advert seems to be a speciality of yours?
It happens that I know that G-Point Audio is not authorised to sell VAD
Also bringing possible:) `nationality prejudices` calls for a stop, checked that VAD is a UK registered LTD company with Napthine Porter PR agents: http://napthineporter.com/clients/valve-audio-devices/

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Geordie, Georgie. Tsk, tsk.

What is this then: http://gpoint-audio.com/our-collection/valve-audio-devices/

I know for a fact that I have spoken with Greg about this Dac for over a year now. What prejudice do you presume? You claim I do advert for Lampi and given that he is clearly Polish, where is the prejudice exactly? Your response lacks any logical basis. The VAD designer is Polish too and Greg is as well. ALL FACTS. I also said the designer was UK-POLISH, so clearly UK resident.

GPoint is very complementary about the Dac and its readily seen on the linked page.

I made no comments about SQ for any of these products here, merely helping people to go seek info for themselves. Sheesh!

Last edited:

jpetek

Feb 12, 2013
Dear wisnon,

did you ever heard this DAC?

I think it is not interesting if the guy behind VAD is Polish or not. Other good Products are from Poland, like for example the Lamp. So what?

I want only to know if somebody heard this DAC. Maybe against more known DAC like the big AudioNote Level 5 or the DCS or the Lamp Level 7 ....

Thats it.

Josef

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Dear Josef,

That is clear, but as you see NO ONE in the thread so far has addressed that matter, so why pick on me? Fact is I pointed you to a seller of this Dac.

Last edited:

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Hi
Not much work to do to find out;)
User manual for VAD DAC: http://valveaudiodevices.co.uk/support-and-downloads/user-manual/
read it, it plays DSD64
emailed the VAD yesterday they said DSD128 nati is coming soon
said that both are in pure form: playback through active and passive filtering output with four dual triodes (two per channel)

Looks interesting. I wonder if they are planning to exhibit at the Rocky Mountain Audio Festival in October. Would be a good chance to take a listen!

andyp64

Jun 23, 2014
Hi guys im a new member here and this is my first post. (I do belong to another popular forum hifiwigwam and have around 100 posts there.)

I own a DAC-10DSD i purchased it around 6 months ago from Gregor, I dont use it for dsd files since i only play cd,s, im extremely happy with its performance in MY SYSTEM, I cant give any comparisons with other dacs since before this i only owned a old PS AUDIO dac but what made be purchase the vad dac was a recommendation from my audio dealer friend who had 1 of the earler vad dacs.

The sound is very organic and it really draws you into the music (im not very technical) i like to feel the emotions that the music draws out in you and this dac does it for me (i mainly listen to classical music). since purchasing this dac i tried the new astin trew dac which is a little cheaper, and even though it is good piece of kit i miss the emotional connection. I have not tried the lampi or audionote dacs, even thought Greg at Gpoint audio is a good friend of mines.

Also i find dealing with Gregor is a delight, he is very helpful and will bend over backwards to rectify any issues.

if anybody wants to ask me any further questions (non technical) please pm me.

Geardaddy

Oct 1, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Taken directly from the "About Us" page:

The brain-child of Gregor Szymczyk, a British-based Polish born electrical engineer, Valve Audio Devices has had a twenty year journey to launching its first product – the DAC-10. Gregor developed the VAD brand through a relentless personal ambition in pursuit of audio products that stirred the emotions through a real life-like performance.

Looks like an interesting product particularly the casework.

Geardaddy

Oct 1, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Turning the post about another product into `Lampi` advert seems to be a speciality of yours?
It happens that I know that G-Point Audio is not authorised to sell VAD
Also bringing possible:) `nationality prejudices` calls for a stop, checked that VAD is a UK registered LTD company with Napthine Porter PR agents: http://napthineporter.com/clients/valve-audio-devices/

Norman is not only a shill but a racist shill. Worst kind. Shame on you Norman.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
LoL

Totally illigical post he made there GearDaddy. I am still trying to figure out his agenda...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing