Two new models of the Schiit Yiggy!

Don C

Jul 20, 2013
USA

Yesterday Schiit now announced two new Yiggdrasil models to be sold, alongside the current original Analog 2 model.

Three "flavors" to chose from.

Both models priced at less than the current analog 2. All three now have different D/A converter chips.

Future sales will determine which two are dropped, and then the remaining model will continue to be made.

Strange marketing "ploy" in my opinion???

There are a couple of comparisons of the models done at the Schiit store in California.

Thoughts and comments, Yiggy fans??

Last edited:

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Well, given that the chips used in the Yggy OG are getting way more expensive and harder to get, this was to be expected. I have a request in for a review sample of the Less is More version that CC preferred To compare it to my Yggy. Different chips required a modification of the DSP which could explain the differences people heard. If I prefer the sound, I will change over. The cost of any upgrade, downgrade or side grade is $450.00. I could probably get the new board and have a friend do the work so I will still have the old boards.

Don C

Jul 20, 2013
USA
Joe,

I will look forward to your opinion on the new Yiggy.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany

Yesterday Schiit now announced two new Yiggdrasil models to be sold, alongside the current original Analog 2 model.

Three "flavors" to chose from.

Both models priced at less than the current analog 2. All three now have different D/A converter chips.

Future sales will determine which two are dropped, and then the remaining model will continue to be made.

Strange marketing "ploy" in my opinion???

There are a couple of comparisons of the models done at the Schiit store in California.

Thoughts and comments, Yiggy fans??
The third opinion:

Matt

Don C

Jul 20, 2013
USA
Less is More YGGY arrived Today.

Sounds great right out of the box!

Smooth, clear high frequencies, warm midrange, deep bass.

Will have more to report after it settles in for two weeks!

Last edited:

Don C

Jul 20, 2013
USA
I am working on my formal review for AS. Agree completely. the sound stabilizes after a day,
Is AS the absolute sound website?

Don C

Jul 20, 2013
USA
Here is a link to Joe's excellent review of the Less Is More YGGY.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing