Tripoint emperor : a breakthrough

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
A second picture of Miguels new emperor powercord:
image.jpg

Will try to post some additional pictures later.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
As promised hereby another picture of the Tripoint emperor pc in combination with the Tripoint emperor AC.

emperor 3.jpg

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Here is the last picture which gives you a good idea about the dimensions of this monster powercord.

emperor 4.jpg

Audiocrack, I had not realized that your Emperor was the ac unit. All of my ac is made by High Fidelity Cables using many magnets on all three cables. This includes the ac filter. I need eight outputs. I well recognize the snakenest of wires and cables. I always avoid any cable having any contact with the floor. In fact I allow only one glazed ceramic contact with floor for each cable. I have never heard any cable that was not improved doing this. This makes heavy pcs or cables very difficult. one needs to raise them high off the floor.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Audiocrack, I had not realized that your Emperor was the ac unit. All of my ac is made by High Fidelity Cables using many magnets on all three cables. This includes the ac filter. I need eight outputs. I well recognize the snakenest of wires and cables. I always avoid any cable having any contact with the floor. In fact I allow only one glazed ceramic contact with floor for each cable. I have never heard any cable that was not improved doing this. This makes heavy pcs or cables very difficult. one needs to raise them high off the floor.

Hello Norm, I am not using the Emperor AC but the Emperor ground. However, I provided these pictures because Miguel is using one of his Emperor pc's for the Emperor AC. This picture was taken on the latest AE show in Hong Kong. Hope this clarifies everything.

Dr Good Vibe

May 17, 2015
I came across Miguel at the Super High End show in HK I was invited too Tech at as well as all the other guys who were Designers, Manufactures of all these awesome pieces of gear used in the show. Miguel’s grounding and AC system amazed me. The amount of breath I heard in the pipe organ music was insane just like the real instrument, I could not only hear but also feel the air emerging from the pipe you could tell what type of surface the air was rushing over.
After a number of meals and discussions I’ve asked if I could learn more about his work this man is genius you guys if you manage to audition Tripoint you won’t quickly forget what you hear if at all.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
I came across Miguel at the Super High End show in HK I was invited too Tech at as well as all the other guys who were Designers, Manufactures of all these awesome pieces of gear used in the show. Miguel’s grounding and AC system amazed me. The amount of breath I heard in the pipe organ music was insane just like the real instrument, I could not only hear but also feel the air emerging from the pipe you could tell what type of surface the air was rushing over.
After a number of meals and discussions I’ve asked if I could learn more about his work this man is genius you guys if you manage to audition Tripoint you won’t quickly forget what you hear if at all.

Welcome Dr Good Vibe! Probably needless to say that I agree with you. Miguel/Tripoint deserves imho much more recognition in the audio world than he gets. Miguel has incredible good ears and created with his products in general and with the various Emperor products in particular imo something out of this world. I believe even a lot of customers of Audio Exotics do not understand how important Miguels components are for creating the sound they experience at AE. I am pretty sure the people of AE are using the two emperors as a sort of secret weapon in their showroom and audio shows.

Last edited:

Dr Good Vibe

May 17, 2015
Audiocrack, spot on with your comments, the other thing I forgot to add was what Miguel’s system will expose a badly or incomplete setup you can hear transformer strain or squeezed information as opposed to clean flowing, natural, dynamic sound when done right. Miguel’s process of setup is not to be ignored there is well thought check points in the manner you work with this gear.
The reward is very evident.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
No, this is no new emperor but the announcement of a new empress.

Here is a link to the new reference product of Miguel. Although I have not heard it myself yet I talked extensively with Miguel about the empress and followed closely its development. Availabality will be limited as the Empress is very labour intensive to produce. I have ordered a pair to be used with my Tidal La Assoluta.

http://audioexotics.hk/forum/#/discussion/10981/the-ground-breaking-troy-signature-by-tripoint/p8

Last edited:

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

Here is a link to the new reference product of Miguel. Although I have not heard it myself yet I talked extensively with Miguel about the empress and followed closely its development. Availabality will be limited as the Empress is very labour intensive to produce. I have ordered a pair to be used with my Tidal La Assoluta.

http://audioexotics.hk/forum/#/discussion/10981/the-ground-breaking-troy-signature-by-tripoint/p8

..what does it cost?

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Actually it is a new device, namely a speaker crossover ground filter or two of them. I think the cost is over $40,000 for the pair. Those I've heard who heard them in HK seemed eager to but them immediately, so they must be very impressive.

Audiocrack, spot on with your comments, the other thing I forgot to add was what Miguel’s system will expose a badly or incomplete setup you can hear transformer strain or squeezed information as opposed to clean flowing, natural, dynamic sound when done right. Miguel’s process of setup is not to be ignored there is well thought check points in the manner you work with this gear.
The reward is very evident.

I had not thought about that. I guess, however that those buying the Empress given their cost will have speakers with quality crossovers. I hope to get a pair in late Sept.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Have you heard this yet, Rudolph? I think you need this ;)

I suppose you refer to the empress, Bill? I have not heard it yet but during the last year of its development I communicated quite frequently with Miguel. Miguel has incredible good ears and he was so enthusiastic about the empress I ordered one pair for my Tidal LA loudspeakers. Miguel is most of the time very enthusiastic (he is real music lover and I have never met such an inspired audio manufacturor) but this time it was very clear something very special was going on. I believe three pairs were produced so far for the Hong Kong audio market. The next two pairs are for Miguel himself and me. Eagerly waiting for the empress to arrive.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I suppose you refer to the empress, Bill? I have not heard it yet but during the last year of its development I communicated quite frequently with Miguel. Miguel has incredible good ears and he was so enthusiastic about the empress I ordered one pair for my Tidal LA loudspeakers. Miguel is most of the time very enthusiastic (he is real music lover and I have never met such an inspired audio manufacturor) but this time it was very clear something very special was going on. I believe three pairs were produced so far for the Hong Kong audio market. The next two pairs are for Miguel himself and me. Eagerly waiting for the empress to arrive.

Hi Rudolph

Just so I know the pecking order, is the Empress the new top of the line or does that honor still go to the Emperor

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing