Trinity DAC

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I sold mine when I needed to rise funds to secure a multi year deal for the new show venue (I'm running a hi-fi show for those who don't know). Nothing to do with the DAC performance. Still one of the very best DACs in my book.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I sold mine when I needed to rise funds to secure a multi year deal for the new show venue (I'm running a hi-fi show for those who don't know). Nothing to do with the DAC performance. Still one of the very best DACs in my book.

Hi Adam

Is the hifi show in Poland? any details - link

cheers

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Any interest in sharing what is on your short list for replacing the Trinity. I believe it was in a separate system from your Lampi

It is interesting that all of the most vocal supporters have since moved on....all for different and valid reasons but moved on nonetheless

As mentioned several times before I am not moving on because of the quality of the Trinity combo. I still love this combo and I do in all honesty not know what I am going to do next. Maybe I am going back to one system.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
As mentioned several times before I am not moving on because of the quality of the Trinity combo. I still love this combo and I do in all honesty not know what I am going to do next. Maybe I am going back to one system.

NOOO. We need multiple systems from you, AC - next decade we should aim to have an annual hifi show weekend with different rooms at ACs.

That said, IF you had to choose one, do you know which one? Ok if you don't want to say.

Apart from the fact that you already have two digital sources in the other system, there is other digital out there - Aries Cerat, Nagra. Haven't heard properly, but good reports.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
NOOO. We need multiple systems from you, AC - next decade we should aim to have an annual hifi show weekend with different rooms at ACs.

That said, IF you had to choose one, do you know which one? Ok if you don't want to say.

Apart from the fact that you already have two digital sources in the other system, there is other digital out there - Aries Cerat, Nagra. Haven't heard properly, but good reports.

The Tidal LA's will definately stay, Ked. Real pity that I had this fall out with Dietmar.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Regardless of the reasons for selling their Trinity digital, certainly not a good sign that multiple owners who unanimously praise the PCM playback have also sold the Trinity. As a relatively small company, hopefully they are 'net up' on sales and long-term owners.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Regardless of the reasons for selling their Trinity digital, certainly not a good sign that multiple owners who unanimously praise the PCM playback have also sold the Trinity. As a relatively small company, hopefully they are 'net up' on sales and long-term owners.

Audio Exotics keep Trinity plenty busy . Just released his Power Conditioner with a new speaker in the wings . I don't think there's a danger of them going belly up anytime soon . As for ownership , I am n it for the long run with my pre & DAC . Wholly satisfied .

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Jazzhead, thank you for chiming in. Great to hear!

Have you had the curiousity / time / will to compare it the uber-priced MSB?

Hi Caesar , only heard the MSB Select at the Munich Highend. So not enough data points to post anything meaningful.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
What are you waiting for, Jazzhead? The best amps I've heard by a country mile!

There's a time n a place ... As they say . Where have you heard these Geshi ? Could possibly expand a little more on the system/room you heard these amps in . Thanks

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Audio Exotics keep Trinity plenty busy . Just released his Power Conditioner with a new speaker in the wings . I don't think there's a danger of them going belly up anytime soon . As for ownership , I am n it for the long run with my pre & DAC . Wholly satisfied .

good to know.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Any interest in sharing what is on your short list for replacing the Trinity. I believe it was in a separate system from your Lampi

It is interesting that all of the most vocal supporters have since moved on....all for different and valid reasons but moved on nonetheless

I think this is the feature of the DAC world and the striving for the best digital. I must say Lampi seem to be grabbing a big slice of the (serious) DAC market with the GG. I am not a Lampi owner but I dig tubes in a system just to be able to tweak the synergy of things, how they work together. Maybe it is the striving to do that why people move on? Moving on can also mean sideways, not always better, sometimes even backwards. This hobby.....

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
I think this is the feature of the DAC world and the striving for the best digital. I must say Lampi seem to be grabbing a big slice of the (serious) DAC market with the GG. I am not a Lampi owner but I dig tubes in a system just to be able to tweak the synergy of things, how they work together. Maybe it is the striving to do that why people move on? Moving on can also mean sideways, not always better, sometimes even backwards. This hobby.....

I have had the opportunity to hear a lot of DAC's over the past year. A general trend we observe is that the discrete implementations are getting better and better, with precision and tolerances getting tighter to levels that chips cannot achieve.

The current SQ leaders are on the PCM side, the Aqua Formula, on the DSD side, the Nagra HD with the optional output transformers. This is in the context of all music formats being converted with HQ Player to DXD in the case of the Formula, and DSD 128 in the case of the Nagra HD.

The Lampi GG, with its DHT magic can be the most musical, and emotion delivering choice for many

Murat

May 16, 2015
Hi!
I'm happy owner of Trinity DAC, but have a problem to find network streamer to connect through USB. I've tried Auralic and Sonore MicroRendu, but both doesn't work with Trinity. Only Aurender is working fine, but I don't like how Aurender App manages Tidal, so I'm looking for another player. Has anyone experience with network USB player connecting with Trinity ? Any suggestions ?

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Hi!
I'm happy owner of Trinity DAC, but have a problem to find network streamer to connect through USB. I've tried Auralic and Sonore MicroRendu, but both doesn't work with Trinity. Only Aurender is working fine, but I don't like how Aurender App manages Tidal, so I'm looking for another player. Has anyone experience with network USB player connecting with Trinity ? Any suggestions ?

We have two Sound Galleries Music Server owners who have Trinity DAC's

With the SGM they are able to use roon to access their network storage, and also stream music from Tidal. All of their music is upsampled by HQ Player and delivered to the Trinity DAC at 24/176 & 192

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I have had the opportunity to hear a lot of DAC's over the past year. A general trend we observe is that the discrete implementations are getting better and better, with precision and tolerances getting tighter to levels that chips cannot achieve.

The current SQ leaders are on the PCM side, the Aqua Formula, on the DSD side, the Nagra HD with the optional output transformers. This is in the context of all music formats being converted with HQ Player to DXD in the case of the Formula, and DSD 128 in the case of the Nagra HD.

"The current SQ leaders are…". You seem quite confident in proclaiming something as fact that is mere personal opinion.

Not that you are not entitled to your opinions, and they may well be worth paying attention to, but they are still just opinions based on what is important to your personal listening preferences and perceptions.

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
"The current SQ leaders are…". You seem quite confident in proclaiming something as fact that is mere personal opinion.

Not that you are not entitled to your opinions, and they may well be worth paying attention to, but they are still just opinions based on what is important to your personal listening preferences and perceptions.

My post is based upon the consensus of listeners / audiophiles in our group of developers, dealers and ambassadors. Every ones listens in his unique way but there seems to be some broad groups of listeners.

Detail chasers
Listeners looking for emotional contact with the music
Listeners looking for a distillation of the musical essence, micro detail is a distraction
Listeners looking for a concert hall experience, with a presentation is as close as possible to the 10th row
Listeners looking to be enveloped by the sound
Listeners looking for a holographic soundstage

In the context of these various listener types, we come to the observations about the leading DAC's

We also find this with HQ Player settings, some people like one setting, others like another

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
My post is based upon the consensus of listeners / audiophiles in our group of developers, dealers and ambassadors. Every ones listens in his unique way but there seems to be some broad groups of listeners.

Detail chasers
Listeners looking for emotional contact with the music
Listeners looking for a distillation of the musical essence, micro detail is a distraction
Listeners looking for a concert hall experience, with a presentation is as close as possible to the 10th row

In the context of these various listener types, we come to the observations about the leaders

We also find this with HQ Player settings, some people like one setting, others like another

That is good to know, but it's still just an opinion, a consensus opinion. Also, not every DAC will fit equally in each system, another variable.

Absolutes in audio are always problematic. and a statement like "The leaders are" fits into that category. I would strongly suggest to refrain from absolutes.

Audio is not science to a degree that it allows absolute, objectivist statements, even more so when it comes to overall rating of a component. Even if you can agree on certain sound features being superior to their reproduction on other machines, an overall statement on "the best" is still a subjective assessment, as it gives, according to personal preferences, subjectively more or less weight to any and all of the features in the entire set of parameters evaluated.

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
That is good to know, but it's still just an opinion, a consensus opinion. Also, not every DAC will fit equally in each system, another variable.

Absolutes in audio are always problematic. and a statement like "The leaders are" fits into that category. I would strongly suggest to refrain from absolutes.

Audio is not science to a degree that it allows absolute, objectivist statements, even more so when it comes to overall rating of a component. Even if you can agree on certain sound features being superior to their reproduction on other machines, an overall statement on "the best" is still a subjective assessment, as it gives, according to personal preferences, subjectively more or less weight to any and all of the features in the entire set of parameters evaluated.

Setting up a successful playback system is indeed an art balancing the characteristics of detail, emotion, smoothness / non fatiguing, detail, PRAT. Every part of the system can add or subtract to these characteristics.

There are very few absolutes, but vast number of relative differences in many dimensions. I will refrain from making definitive sounding all encompassing statements, thank you for your advice

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Setting up a successful playback system is indeed an art balancing the characteristics of detail, emotion, smoothness / non fatiguing, detail, PRAT. Every part of the system can add or subtract to these characteristics.

Yes, setting up a successful system is about the art of balancing, I agree.

There are very few absolutes, but vast number of relative differences in many dimensions. I will refrain from making definitive sounding all encompassing statements, thank you for your advice

Thank you. Given your experience, your opinions will certainly be worth paying attention to, also without absolutes.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing