Totaldac damping feet

Opabin

Feb 25, 2023
Canada
Vincent has recently introduced optional damping feet for Totaldac reclockers and DACs. If you’ve tried them, how would you describe the results? Have you compared the damping feet with other footers or isolation systems?

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
I tried several third party feet (BDR cone/puck, Isoacoustics OREA, Nordost sort cone, CMS center stage, stillpoints ultra, Daiza feet) and none improved the sound. I then tried six of the new Totaldac feet (under the two DAC modules of the Toldac Sublime DAC) and there was an improvement in detail, more natural timbre and soundstage. I then purchased six more for my two Totaldac Driver Sublime.

Opabin

Feb 25, 2023
Canada
I tried several third party feet (BDR cone/puck, Isoacoustics OREA, Nordost sort cone, CMS center stage, stillpoints ultra, Daiza feet) and none improved the sound. I then tried six of the new Totaldac feet (under the two DAC modules of the Toldac Sublime DAC) and there was an improvement in detail, more natural timbre and soundstage. I then purchased six more for my two Totaldac Driver Sublime.

That is an impressive list of well regarded footers! And that experience gives all the more value to your conclusion that the Totaldac feet are superior. Vincent has explained the feet convert vibration energy into heat so then I wondered if there might be an issue with energy storage and retransmission. But your experience seems to refute my doubts and is rather persuasive.

VPN, did you install the feet yourself or was it necessary to send your DAC back to Totaldac for the installation? Apparently, there is an inaccessible nut inside the chassis that secures each of the stock feet.

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
That is an impressive list of well regarded footers! And that experience gives all the more value to your conclusion that the Totaldac feet are superior. Vincent has explained the feet convert vibration energy into heat so then I wondered if there might be an issue with energy storage and retransmission. But your experience seems to refute my doubts and is rather persuasive.

VPN, did you install the feet yourself or was it necessary to send your DAC back to Totaldac for the installation? Apparently, there is an inaccessible nut inside the chassis that secures each of the stock feet.
For the DAC, I didn't want to send the units back to France, so I just placed the footers directly under the unit, I did't screw them in. For the two Totaldac Drivers, I sent them to France to upgrade from mk2 to Sublime and asked Vincent to add the footers.

Opabin

Feb 25, 2023
Canada
For the DAC, I didn't want to send the units back to France, so I just placed the footers directly under the unit, I did't screw them in. For the two Totaldac Drivers, I sent them to France to upgrade from mk2 to Sublime and asked Vincent to add the footers.

Yes, I’m in a similar situation. My DAC was recently updated to Triunity specification and I don’t want to send it back again. So I’m pleased to hear you are happy with using them as “extra” feet under your Sublime DAC. I suppose the footer material is some kind of polymer. How hard/soft does it feel?

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Yes, I’m in a similar situation. My DAC was recently updated to Triunity specification and I don’t want to send it back again. So I’m pleased to hear you are happy with using them as “extra” feet under your Sublime DAC. I suppose the footer material is some kind of polymer. How hard/soft does it feel?
To me they seem harder than the standard feet.

Last edited:

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
For you Totaldac vets...I am evaluating dacs for my set up and have narrowed it down to the TotalDac, and Audionote, Aqua La Scala or Formula. My main criteria is a dac that is musical, I don't care about modern sounding dac or DSD. Totaldac seems like a good candidate. Are you guys happy with the TD?

Opabin

Feb 25, 2023
Canada
For you Totaldac vets...I am evaluating dacs for my set up and have narrowed it down to the TotalDac, and Audionote, Aqua La Scala or Formula. My main criteria is a dac that is musical, I don't care about modern sounding dac or DSD. Totaldac seems like a good candidate. Are you guys happy with the TD?

Yes, quite happy with my triunity DAC. It was recently updated from d1-direct, which also is excellent.
This topic is for discussion of new totaldac damping feet, so it would be better to start your own new thread, so as not to get your question mixed in here, don’t you think? :)

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
Yes, quite happy with my triunity DAC. It was recently updated from d1-direct, which also is excellent.
This topic is for discussion of new totaldac damping feet, so it would be better to start your own new thread, so as not to get your question mixed in here, don’t you think? :)

thanks....It's just a simple question on a thread that has actual owners. Thought it would be a good place to ask. Man this website it UPTIGHT.

Glide3

Nov 25, 2019
thanks....It's just a simple question on a thread that has actual owners. Thought it would be a good place to ask. Man this website it UPTIGHT.
I love my TD D-1 direct (my 3rd TD dac)
My preferences are the same as yours and I have owned/tried/heard many dacs

Reactions: skids929

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Quite happy with my Totaldac Sublime DAC and two Sublime Drivers. Every few years Totaldac comes with an update to further improve the sound, so I send the unit to France and receive a better one when it is back.

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
Quite happy with my Totaldac Sublime DAC and two Sublime Drivers. Every few years Totaldac comes with an update to further improve the sound, so I send the unit to France and receive a better one when it is back.
Thank you for the feedback...Did you happen to move up the line or did you jump in at the Sublime level? I am trying to decide where the sweetspot is. I think it's the Unity but I don't mind the idea of the tubes either.

Have you guys also found the feet are a worthwhile addition?

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Thank you for the feedback...Did you happen to move up the line or did you jump in at the Sublime level? I am trying to decide where the sweetspot is. I think it's the Unity but I don't mind the idea of the tubes either.

Have you guys also found the feet are a worthwhile addition?
I started with the Totaldac Twelve, then Twelve mk2, then Twelve mk3, and now Sublime. I suggest that you buy the best that you can afford.

I have found the feet to be a worthwhile addition. Please see post #2.

Last edited:

skids929

Dec 31, 2020

Did yours screw in or did you have to place them under the DAC? Apparently anything prior to June 2023 you have to send the DAC in to TD for install or you can just place them under? Curious to know which yours was.

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Did yours screw in or did you have to place them under the DAC? Apparently anything prior to June 2023 you have to send the DAC in to TD for install or you can just place them under? Curious to know which yours was.
Placed them under the DAC. The new feet did not exist when I upgraded to the Sublime DAC

When I sent my two TD Drivers XLR to upgrade to Sublime, I asked for the new feet, so those came in screwed to the Drivers.

I recently tried six Revopods under the Sublime DAC, and preferred the new Totaldac feet.

Last edited:

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
Placed them under the DAC. The new feet did not exist when I upgraded to the Sublime DAC

When I sent my two TD Drivers XLR to upgrade to Sublime, I asked for the new feet, so those came in screwed to the Drivers.

I recently tried six Revopods under the Sublime DAC, and preferred the new Totaldac feet.
Another quick question since you are running Innuos as a source..Do you use AES or USB into your TD?

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
I am not currently using Innuos. I am using Taiko Extreme with USB to the Totaldac.

Thanks, sorry was looking at an old pic in your system then..Good to know on the USB..I went back and forth with SPDIF and USB and think I prefer the USB.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing