Top 25 Classic ROCK

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
because of the negative response to this thread i wen back to review the selections. I reexamined the basis for the selections. I found them to be solid choices with a rational basis. the selections posted this preamble that proved to be prophetic.

by Spence D. MARCH 30, 2007

For starters, this isn't meant to be a "be all, end all" list. It's meant to be a primer. I mean seriously, how the hell could anybody pick just 25 Classic Rock albums and leave it at that?

This is a list that spans the 1960s up until the early 1980s (we decided to cut the Classic Rock timeline at 1984, the very last real Van Halen album to be released (by real we mean containing the original, classic VH line-up of Diamond David Lee Roth, Alex Van Halen, Michael Anthony, and Eddie Van Halen).

We've also tried to be as wide in scope as possible, choosing a broad selection of classic rockers from the world over, even though it was arguably the British and the Yanks who pioneered and kept the genre going strong.

Naturally we expect to get a ton of mail telling us that our list either sucks or is brilliant. Either way, we encourage you to send in your own lists at your whim. You can send your own Top 25 to us here.

You tube makes it easy to make an evaluationl on most if not all selections. Becaise music is a matter of personal taste you should make your own selection.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
If there is one thing I get my share of here it's criticism. Justly so when you express strong opinions on controversial issues. I merely wanted to see if I missed the mark.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
-- Hey, it's the world of the Internet. ...And with it comes all that jazz. :b
...Criticisms are big part of our world; might is well adapt to them. :b

And besides, it's not about you, it's about the content of your first post.
We're all smart individuals with thoughts and ideas and opinions, and to express them is to live more firmly in touch with reality. ...Reality of everyone, and not from only one. :b

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing