TINA TURNER DEAD AT 83

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
MY BROWSER IS REPORTING TINA TURNER IS DEAD AT 83.
Tina Turner, Magnetic Singer of Explosive Power, Is Dead at 83 - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
Along with ELVIS AND MICHAEL JACKSON one of the most imitated and recognizable pop stars ever. Her legs were insured according to legend. That raspy voice and dance moves were legendary. Her ability to sing a ballad is overlooked by mosT fans.
notably her movie wwats' Love Got to do with it ,helped bring domestic violence out of the shadows.
I'll post a discography over the next few days.
RIP "Anna Mae"

Last edited:

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
RIP Tina. Our best wishes to your family.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Saw her with Ike in the ancient days of yore at the Old Fillmore West on Market Street San Francisco.

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Seen her live twice in nyc of the best live acts ever for me. She changed outfits 6 or 7 times
At one point was on a cherry picker platform went out into the audience 30 feet up singing
Just such a loss for us still alive.

InfigoAudio

Industry Expert
Jun 14, 2022
Kelowna, BC, Canada
www.infigoaudio.com
Awww that's too bad...
R.I.P. Tina.... she was very entertaining...

We saw her in the Netherlands and amazingly the sound quality of that concert was very good.
I guess the soundguy wasn't stoned that evening :)
Pre-program with Gary Moore... great evening - good times...

Cheers, Hans.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing