Tidal La Assoluta system

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
In the past I wrote extensively about my audio system that is centered around the - still fantastic sounding - Tidal La Assoluta loudspeakers. The only loudspeakers in the world that combine a diamond tweeter with two diamond midrange units per speaker (Tidal’s Akira combines a diamond tweeter with one diamond midrange). Due to bad luck this thread was somehow erased and could not be brought back to life. I do not have the time and energy to rewrite this LA thread completely. But I am planning to post now and then, that is in case of (some) new developments.

IMG_3711.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Just to be sure I relist the various components of the Tidal LA system:
- Amps: Kondo Gakuoh 300b push pull amps and Kondo Kagura single ended 211 amps
- Preamp: Kondo g-1000
- Dac: Wadax reference dac
- Servers: Wadax reference server (including the Wadax Akasa cable) and the LDMS Maximus server
- Grounding: two Tripoint Audio Elite NG’s and one Tripoint Audio Emperor mk ii ‘ground’ station
- IC’s and loudspeaker cables: Taralabs Grandmaster
- Grounding cables: various latest Tripoint Audio top of the line cables, including full silver Thor SE cables
- Platforms: high purity copper platforms of 25 mm thickness. All audio components are resting on two of these copper slabs of in total 50 mm thickness
- Decouplers/footers: RevOpods and Hifistay footers
- Tripoint Audio Empress filters

In the back of all top cover copper platforms, that is all the platforms on which the various audio components are directly placed, a hole was drilled in order to be able to insert a full copper binding post. These platforms will be connected to, and as such grounded, to one of the Tripoint Audio ‘ground’ stations using Tripoint audio’s entry cable, the Tripoint silver signature cable.

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
I am planning to add the following to the Tidal LA system:
- The first and thus completely new Tripoint Audio Emperor NG ‘ground’ station. Miguel is currently working on this new ‘beast’ and he shared over the phone the first listening impressions of the complete new filters he will insert in the Emperor NG: extraordinary.
- Additional high purity copper platforms with a thickness of 25 mm which platforms are going to be used for mass loading several of my audio components (inter alia the various Tripoint Audio NG’s, the Wadax dac (head unit) as well as the Wadax dac’s two PSU’s). Again these additional platforms are going to be grounded.

Once Miguel is ready with the new Emperor NG he is going to visit me and install it and / or fine tune the whole set up.

Last edited:

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
So happy you’re back my friend!!

Reactions: Steve Williams

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
So happy you’re back my friend!!
Btw Goran, John of Hifistay has promised to send me some of Hifistay’s cable lifters. They look very impressive (as all of Hifistay’s products) and I am very curious to try them out.

Reactions: Golum

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
As a forum hobbyist I think it will be great to have your La Assoluta/ system evolution thread back here, welcome back!

Reactions: Audiocrack

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
This system is remarkable and it will be great to follow your continued pursuit of sound and music!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Audiocrack is back! Great news. Very interesting to hear about Tripoint Emperor NG...yeesh! Must be enormous and enormously expensive! But I can imagine enormously good too. Look forward to reading all about it.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Audiocrack is back! Great news. Very interesting to hear about Tripoint Emperor NG...yeesh! Must be enormous and enormously expensive! But I can imagine enormously good too. Look forward to reading all about it.
Thanks Lloyd! Actually the Tripoint Audio Emperor NG is a little larger than the Elite NG but weighs much more and oh, oh … these new, really magnificent sounding filters. :) I expect that the Emperor NG will arrive here in Holland in about 10 weeks or so.

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Rudolf,
I'm happy to see you post again, I've been busy lately with the kids and need to update my system. I haven't spoken with Miguel in a bit, it sounds like there is some new tech you're putting in, I can't wait to hear about it. Hope you're doing well!

Dave

remdeck

Apr 10, 2018
In the past I wrote extensively about my audio system that is centered around the - still fantastic sounding - Tidal La Assoluta loudspeakers. The only loudspeakers in the world that combine a diamond tweeter with two diamond midrange units per speaker (Tidal’s Akira combines a diamond tweeter with one diamond midrange). Due to bad luck this thread was somehow erased and could not be brought back to life. I do not have the time and energy to rewrite this LA thread completely. But I am planning to post now and then, that is in case of (some) new developments.
Have been thinking where have you been? :cool:
The Tidal company is direct neighbour of the company I work for. Hope to get another appointment to listen to L'Assolutas once.
Hope to read some more from you, Rudolph.

Veel plezier!!

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Rudolf,
I'm happy to see you post again, I've been busy lately with the kids and need to update my system. I haven't spoken with Miguel in a bit, it sounds like there is some new tech you're putting in, I can't wait to hear about it. Hope you're doing well!

Dave
Hello Dave, so nice to hear from you again. Yes, I am doing well, thank you. Hope you and the family are doing well as well.

Miguel is ‘on a roll’ lately with new cable techniques - to his main Tripoint cables (that is from his top of the line series) a drain cable is attached in order to get rid of (even) more distortion - and new Elite NG mk ii and Emperor NG ‘ground’ stations. He will love to inform you about these latest developments:).

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Have been thinking where have you been? :cool:
The Tidal company is direct neighbour of the company I work for. Hope to get another appointment to listen to L'Assolutas once.
Hope to read some more from you, Rudolph.

Veel plezier!!
Dank je wel, Remdeck;)! Well, if you are so close by I would definitely pay Jorn a visit and have a listen to the LA’s (possibly with its two matching woofer towers) in his beautiful built and gorgeous sounding listening room. Have not been there for quite a while now and would love to meet up with Jorn and the ‘Tidal bunch’ again (and maybe have a listen to the Tidal for Bugatti loudspeakers and equipment as well :)). Life has been so busy lately that I had - till yesterday - no energy to restart the LA thread.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
On the back of the Tidal LA loudspeakers (it is exactly the same with the Tidal Akira’s, btw) Jorn added dedicated (silver) grounding binding posts. Therefore grounding is as such part of the Tidal ‘LA concept’.

The two PSU’s of the Wadax reference dac and the Wadax reference server (as well as the latter’s PSU) also employ dedicated grounding binding posts. Obviously Wadax does this for a reason.

I know that some (or actually maybe a lot) of our WBF members believe / think that I am exaggerating with all my - Tripoint Audio - grounding steps. However, I disagree (of course ;)). The LA’s are incredible transparent transducers that - and this without any ‘mercy’, that is for the good and the bad - show you very clearly what is going on in the system, musically speaking. The utter transparency of the LA’s learned me during my ‘audio journey’ that the various audio components we employ produce an awful lot of distortion. This distortion can inter alia translate into - if you compare it to unamplified live music - a somewhat thin / lean tonality, too little density and serenity, lack of convincing dynamics, unsatisfactory bass reproduction, smearing of the sound, a somewhat closed in soundstaging, etc, etc.

Top notch grounding helps you to get rid of (this) distortion: while the Tripoint audio components have become in say the last 5-10 years or so quite a bit (or more precise: an awful lot) better, the LA’s very surely demonstrated this and ‘rewarded’ me with clearly better sound in all the mentioned parameters.

For this reason I have opted for pure (and high purity) copper platforms to be placed under the various audio components - including the Kondo (pre)amps, all Wadax components and also my powerstrip - but with the exception of the LA’s (because each one of them weighs nearly 500 kilo’s): all the pure copper slabs are going to be grounded as well. And please believe me (again), the LA system performs better after grounding the copper platforms.

For this reason I have invested in another batch of 19 high purity copper pieces that are inter alia going to be used for mass loading the Wadax reference server, reference dac and it’s PSU’s as well as the Kondo power amps and the Tripoint Audio Elite and Emperor NG’s. I am planning to ground these copper slabs as well, although I need to do this step by step because of the costs involved. Have not heard the sonic results of grounding the copper platforms to be used for mass loading yet - some craftsman are currently sanding these copper pieces - but I have high hopes that this step will elevate the performance of the LA system once more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audiohertz2

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing