Thieliste's new Reference system

EL34s are much more tubey and engaging than KT88/KT120s is that right ?

I would recommend researching a series of posts within Ron’s own system thread where much of this and alternative options were discussed following on Ron acquiring his JA 100 amplifiers .

Reactions: christoph
I would recommend researching a series of posts within Ron’s own system thread where much of this and alternative options were discussed following on Ron acquiring his JA 100 amplifiers .
I will ask Jean-Christophe next week at Munich about swapping KT88s to EL34s.
My Jadis dealer is a big fan of EL34s so he could bring some to try out.

EL34s are much more tubey and engaging than KT88/KT120s is that right ?
How's the bass with EL34s because with KT88 it is very impressive and deeper than most SS i have tried to date.
Which EL34 brand do you recommend ?
Thanks
I’d say they sound more human. I use these and am very pleased.

Reactions: christoph
I’d say they sound more human. I use these and am very pleased.

Problem is EL34s might not be able to drive my Thiel CS 3.7s as good as KT88s, otherwise i would be willing to try.

Problem is EL34s might not be able to drive my Thiel CS 3.7s as good as KT88s, otherwise i would be willing to try.
We drove Brads friend's CS 3.7 with 30 SET watts much better than with various Big Bruiser SS and Octave big watt PP KT88 ;)

We drove Brads friend's CS 3.7 with 30 SET watts much better than with various Big Bruiser SS and Octave big watt PP KT88 ;)
Hi Christoph, wasn't it VAC Renaissance 30/30 ?

Reactions: Thieliste
I will ask Jean-Christophe next week at Munich about swapping KT88s to EL34s.
My Jadis dealer is a big fan of EL34s so he could bring some to try out.
I will be in the Munich fair this Saturday. For sure I will pass through Jadis.
If you compare the SIA 025 with the Jadis what do you find favouring Jadis?

I will be in the Munich fair this Saturday. For sure I will pass through Jadis.
If you compare the SIA 025 with the Jadis what do you find favouring Jadis?
Hi Gunnar, great i will text you on saturday so we can have a drink in the MOC.

Reactions: Gunnar
Well Gunnar…

I happen to (a) being the guy who bought the SIA 025 from the Thielist, and (b) having attended the unpacking of the Jadis and heard the first notes from the jadis, Thiels & friends 10 days ago.

I’m sure you will hear a lot more straight from the mouth of the horse in Munich but I can testify that even at very very early stage in the (200+ hours) burn in journey, our friend made a very wise choice to move from SS to Jadis with the Thiels. I would say: “matching colours in full transparent harmony”. It does take two to tango !! As much as I really do love the Vitus in my system, I would definitely go for the Jadis in the Thielist’s one.

Detail, speed and precision are still here in the mid range with greater linearity overall, far more substantial bass while still fast and sharp, and most importantly for me, less of what I call “stings” in the treble (my hear’s experience only, I fully understand why one would love and seek for that…, fyi, I have tinnitus so extremely sensitive to scalpel cuts in the high frequencies) .

The sound stage was already huge and very well staged on our friend’s very wisely designed system and the Jadis adds material, air, density… in three words: balance, body & realism !

I can’t wait to go back when burn in is more advanced.

Well guys i decided to go for the Psvane EL34PH, they sound much smoother than KT88s.EL34 2.jpg
Should get much better within the next few days of burn in.EL34.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing