TheWolf Of Wall Street

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Saw the film over the weekend and it was a borderline thumb's up. Too much Leo, Jonah Hill and just too long

Based on the true story of Jordan Belfort's memoir surrounding his indulgent ride as a crooked banker made headlines in the 1990's. Terrence Winter provides the screenplay. Jonah Hill and Oscar-winner Jean Dujardin co-star.

Film was 3 hours long and if you aren't prepared for decadence, or expletive after expletive with constant nudity this film isn't for you.

We saw it locally at one of the "artsie" theaters. When I bought ticket there was a note taped inside the cashier's window stating that there will be no refunds to the movie based on the swearing and nudity etc. as so many people have walked out

Leo was terrific but just got tired of him in every scene. And how the heck does Jonah Hill keep showing up in these films (Django, The End and Money Ball where he got a Best Supporting nomination) etc) after he played an adolescent boy in Super Bad

All in all a thumb's up but as stated above the decadence was off the wall.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Saw the film over the weekend and it was a borderline thumb's up. Too much Leo, Jonah Hill and just too long

Based on the true story of Jordan Belfort's memoir surrounding his indulgent ride as a crooked banker made headlines in the 1990's. Terrence Winter provides the screenplay. Jonah Hill and Oscar-winner Jean Dujardin co-star.

Film was 3 hours long and if you aren't prepared for decadence, or expletive after expletive with constant nudity this film isn't for you.

We saw it locally at one of the "artsie" theaters. When I bought ticket there was a note taped inside the cashier's window stating that there will be no refunds to the movie based on the swearing and nudity etc. as so many people have walked out

Leo was terrific but just got tired of him in every scene. And how the heck does Jonah Hill keep showing up in these films (Django, The End and Money Ball where he got a Best Supporting nomination) etc) after he played an adolescent boy in Super Bad

All in all a thumb's up but as stated above the decadence was off the wall.
The movie didnt need to be made. It should have concentrated on the cons and swindles like in Wall Street or Bonfire. The decadence was boring, tedious and insipid.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I thought decadence was the theme of the title character's life.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
One thing you cannot argue with, is that he knew how to party :) The trip on a plane to Vegas was awesome !

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Totally over the top yes , but found it hilarious !!! True black comedy, the underlying vibe .

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Lambo you mean ...... they was scoping them 'lemons' like it was some rare NOS tube ... loll !!!

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I laughed at how he destroyed his Ferrari driving home " luded"

That was probably the drug that killed many movie stars. More so than cocaine

Funny how a guy that can probably tell the difference between 10 top speaker brands from a mile's distance cannot tell a Ferrari from a Lambo. You should take that as a compliment!

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Steve are you "luded" ?
tumblr_mz1tuwcGku1t7tscuo1_500.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I thought it was hilarious, although yes, a bit long (just like Django). It still moved faster than American Hustle due to the sheer # of antics. Definitely sex, drugs, and rock n roll on steroids.

as someone who works on the street and has heard the old stories, found it interesting.

Steve Williams

That's the car but I'm definitely not luded. Saw too many friends years ago have a problem with that drug.

Keith it must be an age thing between you and I because given the two films I preferred American Hustle

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
All this interest in the cars and none in Margot Robbie?

Where are your priorities?

I could have posted a more provocative photo, but I like "librarians!"

Attachments

• margot-robbie-photo-wallpaper-wallpaper-1919857961.jpg
    margot-robbie-photo-wallpaper-wallpaper-1919857961.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:

Steve Williams

All this interest in the cars and none in Margot Robbie?

Where are your priorities?

I could have posted a more provocative photo, but I like "librarians!"

she leaves nothing to the imagination in the film. If I were Leo that scene would have been numerous takes ;)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
While it is true that she leaves nothing to the imagination, she is a beautiful specimen.

I'd make sure numerous retakes were necessary too!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing