The Upgrade Path Mixing and Maxing Components.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Gregadd
No problem as I said in the PM, since this is public now :)

My post will be delted altough it won't be much of a help if it is quoted anyhwere else ...

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
There is a boat load of qualifiers there. If that works for you go ahead. Do the room first.

Boat load a qualifiers?? Do you understand the basics of setting up a room using measurements??

I never said to do the room first. Obvoiusly the system has to working properly as far as channel ballance, speaker phase and so on for you to be able to integrate it into the room. Sure you can design a room up front but you need a system in place before you can really fine tune it. That system has to be properly set-up before you can evaluate what if anything needs to be done as far as any additional room treatments required for the system installed there.

Rob:)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Boat load a qualifiers?? Do you understand the basics of setting up a room using measurements??

No I don't. To quote Ted knight of the Mary Tyler More Show, This is America. I don't have to know everything, I can just hire somebody who does." I hear Ethan does that kind of work. Maybe he is available.

Ethan Winer

Banned
Jul 8, 2010
New Milford, CT
What easy inexpensive methods exist to properly assess system performance?

It's rare for distortion to be a major problem with modern competent gear. So that leaves frequency response. I'd start with measuring the system's frequency response, which is easy using room measuring software as outlined in the ongoing series in my own forum section. This tests everything from D/A source through to your ears. (Well, the measuring microphone serves as your ears.)

--Ethan

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
No I don't. To quote Ted knight of the Mary Tyler More Show, This is America. I don't have to know everything, I can just hire somebody who does." I hear Ethan does that kind of work. Maybe he is available.

Hello Gregadd

I wasn't asking you to tell me what they were. I asked the question because your response had me scratching my head. Now that I know you don't know your response makes more sense. I simply answered the question you asked if you would have to remeasure or not. I have a measurement set-up I use quite often. I don't expect anyone to know it all I sure as hell don't.

Rob:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing