The Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed (2019 remastered or original master?)

AWZ1979

Feb 22, 2019
I am thinking of purchasing The Rolling Stones ‘Let it Bleed’ album in DSD format from Acoustic Sounds. Any thoughts on whether I should purchase the original master or the 2019 remastered?

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Very good also, both ...

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Thanks for the responses. I’m leaning toward the original.

This conundrum is appearing more prevalent now--especially records that were out of print /etc popping up as "Digitally Remastered"/etc

I'll take the original over most of the "latest" reincarnations.

A recent purchase from Amazon of a Artist Fav sounds bright edgy, and just plain poor compared to the original (1993)

--I noticed in the 1pt type on the barcode

Made by Amazon SC USA:rolleyes:

Caveat Emptor

Bruce

AWZ1979

Feb 22, 2019
BruceD: blu ray pure audio discs are usually top notch in terms of sound quality. I own a few but I want The Stones album as DSD files to expand my DSD library.

NorthStar: I think all of the recent Beatles remasters (Sgt. Pepper, White Album & Abbey Road) sound great. Also dig all the Doors 50th anniversary remasters.

Think I’m gonna go with the original master of Let it Bleed cause it got really good reviews on Acoustic Sounds. The remaster has gotten good reviews as well on other sites but this will be my first time owning that album so I think going with original would be a good idea.

Reactions: NorthStar

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It's educative audiophile style to experiment between the best originals and hires remastered ones. It's one classic Stones album and represents a pinnacle for many Rock music lovers in their music evolution.

Spinning the LP is for me the closest to my own personal journey.
Spinning the SACD adds clarity and weight in different rewarding ways, illuminating ways,
DSD, Pure Audio, ... this is an album deserving full exploration and exposure, just like Abbey Road from the Beatles.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing