The Official Trailer For The Hangover 2

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
IMO the Hangover was one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long while so much so that we have probably seen this film 6-8 times and continue to laugh as hard each time

Hopefully the Hangover 2 will be every bit as funny

New 'Hangover 2' Trailer Is Too Hot For MPAA

So shocking, this trailer.
Warner Bros. Like many, we were a bit concerned about the first extended trailer for this summer's "The Hangover Part II," not because it didn't look funny, exactly, but because it looked so much like the original film that the mystery -- one of the best parts of the first film -- would be gone. Director Todd Phillips must have seen some of the reaction, because he made sure everyone knew that the trailer was too PG-13 to show what the movie was really about.
But it must not have been PG-13 enough. The MPAA and Warner Bros have demanded that the trailer be pulled from all theaters.
Slashfilm obtained a copy of the letter sent to theaters, which states (emphasis theirs):
"Warner Bros. and the M.P.A.A. have instructed all theatres to remove The Hangover Part II trailer #2 from Source Code and any other placements. These #2 trailers need to be DELETED FROM YOUR SERVER." adding: "We greatly appreciate your immediate cooperation on this matter."
So, what's the issue? The trailer doesn't strike us as particularly offensive, but we do not have delicate sensibilities. Also: Why "Source Code," specifically? Did Summit just want the film as far away from "Hangover" as possible? Why? Is it the coarse language? Was Jake Gyllenhaal offended? (You do not want to offend Jake Gyllenhaal.) We are so full of questions. We asked the MPAA for comment, and they referred us to Warner Bros, who, of course, aren't commenting on the matter. (A Warner Bros rep hasn't responded to our request for comment.)
UPDATE: Warner Bros issued a statement to The Hollywood Reporter regarding the trailer's hasty removal from theaters: "In our haste to meet the placement schedule for this trailer, we failed to properly vet the final version with the MPAA. We acted immediately to correct the mistake and removed the trailer from screens."
The only other time we can recall something like this happening was when the "Paranormal Activity 2" trailer was pulled from theaters after "numerous complaints" that the 72-second preview was too scary for the general public. Of course, many suspected that was a stunt intended to generate press for the film -- and this latest development certainly hasn't stopped people from talking about "The Hangover Part II."

Matt193

Mar 21, 2011
Wisconsin
I guess I don't see what is so offensive about that either. Hopefully Hollywood doesn't screw this up like so many other sequels.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Went to see The Hangover 2 last night and although I must admit that I still preferred the original better, this sequel is filled with gut wrenching humor and should not be missed. There are scenes which will have you laughing in the aisles. Although the theme of the movie is almost identical to the first it will entertain you from start to finish

As in the first Zack Glafianikis remains the star although Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms remain strong as the other two members of The Wolf Pack

Definitely recommended

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The original first "The Hangover" wasn't bad, it had some cool new humor (the baby), and hilarious circumstances with straight faces from the actors...
Plus, plus, plus.

Replay value is low though.

* And I'll wait for the release of "the Hangover 2" on Blu. ...In about couple months or so.

P.S. For pure laughs I prefer "Mouse Hunt". :) ...And replay value is above the sky! :cool:

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
The wife and I saw this yesterday ( along with the new Pirate movie). I thought it was really good and better than the first. The monkey is hilarious. The trailer I thought had the monkey getting injured outside the car, but it was actually a pig hanging up at the market.

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
It was because of the monkey that the MPAA lifted the trailer from theaters. (if you recall the monkey on the bus:))

Oh yeah.. with the monk that had the soda under his clothes! I thought Mr. Chow under the clothes was funny too. They couldn't figure out what it was peeping out!

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
'The Hangover Part II' biggest comedy of all time at $118.1 million

Shattering numerous records, Warner Bros.’ The Hangover Part II grossed $118.1 million in its first four days to help fuel the best Memorial Day weekend in history at the domestic box office. The sequel is expected to gross another $20 million on Monday for a staggering five-day bow of $138.1 million, setting a new benchmark for comedies.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
'The Hangover Part II' biggest comedy of all time at $118.1 million

Shattering numerous records, Warner Bros.’ The Hangover Part II grossed $118.1 million in its first four days to help fuel the best Memorial Day weekend in history at the domestic box office. The sequel is expected to gross another $20 million on Monday for a staggering five-day bow of $138.1 million, setting a new benchmark for comedies.

Amazing for a flick with poor reviews from some experts!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Finally saw Hangover with my wife last week on DVD. I wasn't aware of this movie till I read here it has a sequel already. Very funny movie and we totally enjoyed it. Alan is one funny character, and the slitting of the wrist blood compact scene was hilarious. I can't wait to see part 2 after watching the trailer. The Chow character was something else too. He reminds me of the Chinese bad guy who worked for the Italian 'boss' in the Bruce Lee movie Return of the Dragon with Chuck Norris. This Chow is more hilarious.;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing