The Interview-James Franco and Seth Rogen

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
At 1 hour and 51 minutes and for $5.99 I streamed this movie from You Tube via Apple TV to my large screen TV and it was a fun watch although parts were downright crude and obnoxious. Nonetheless for a movie that Sony Pictures had a $40M investment I am betting they will recoup that and more after they pulled the picture from theatrical release and now via streaming (and some sites are free).

The raunchiness in the film is typical Seth Rogen and James Franco but parts of it are indeed very funny.

At $5.99 I watched it in the comfort of my family room via Apple TV streamed from You Tube. Worth the investment but nothing you'll ever watch twice. I say that because you have the option of either renting the movie for $4.99 or to buy for $14.99.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I still like Franco, but I am done with Rogen movies all together now. He can't act, is really not funny, and horrid to have to look at thru a whole movie.

I agree. Unfortunately he laughing all the way to the bank. I feel the same way about Jonah Hill. IMO he can't act either.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Simply put: a BAD movie.

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Ditto

I still like Franco, but I am done with Rogen movies all together now. He can't act, is really not funny, and horrid to have to look at thru a whole movie.

For me, please add Will Ferrell and his movies to this list. Somewhere along the line, I outgrew 8th grade humor, or is that 6th grade, or is that...

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
How they even managed to get financing for this waste of digital bits is beyond me.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
seems they and Sony are laughing all the way to the bank as Netflix has now picked up the film

Yeah...I watched it on Netflix last night. At least I didn't waste $6.

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
My son gave me an Apple TV (I had the older one with a 160GB HD) and Netflix for Christmas.

I tried to watch The Interview last night, but turned it off after about 15 minutes.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing