the impressions

Recordsguy

Sep 6, 2015
five teens out of Chicago who called themselves the[roosters]were looking for a song to record in[1958]but no luck until they changed the group name to[the impressions]and recorded a song that one of the members had wrote called[for your precious love]well the song was a hit, but the young man named[jerry butler]left soon after due to group politics[wonder what became of him?]well the group had no hits for awhile until group member[Curtis Mayfield]wrote a tune called[gypsy woman]in[1961]and the impressions never looked back for the rest of the decade.. minstrel and queen.. sad boy and girl..never let me go.. amen.. grow closer together.. I'm so proud.. it's alright.. never could you be- and many more hits including the theme of the first[miss black America] pagent, at the close of the sixties the impressions sang about black pride..choice of colors.. check out your mind.. keep on pushing- just a shoutout to one of the great groups of soul music history-the fabulous impressions!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
five teens out of Chicago who called themselves the[roosters]were looking for a song to record in[1958]but no luck until they changed the group name to[the impressions]and recorded a song that one of the members had wrote called[for your precious love]well the song was a hit, but the young man named[jerry butler]left soon after due to group politics[wonder what became of him?]well the group had no hits for awhile until group member[Curtis Mayfield]wrote a tune called[gypsy woman]in[1961]and the impressions never looked back for the rest of the decade.. minstrel and queen.. sad boy and girl..never let me go.. amen.. grow closer together.. I'm so proud.. it's alright.. never could you be- and many more hits including the theme of the first[miss black America] pagent, at the close of the sixties the impressions sang about black pride..choice of colors.. check out your mind.. keep on pushing- just a shoutout to one of the great groups of soul music history-the fabulous impressions!

You my friend are continuing to take us all down Memory Lane. Thank you for allowing us all to reminisce

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Don't expect too much.....the music is great though.
Thanks. That's all I was buying it for. It sounded good even on Youtube on my laptop speakers so I figured I could not go wrong from that point of view.

Is there a good quality recording of it?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks. That's all I was buying it for. It sounded good even on Youtube on my laptop speakers so I figured I could not go wrong from that point of view.

Is there a good quality recording of it?

I'm not aware of one, and a quick check on Discogs shows no CD releases for that title in their database.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing