The Hunger Games #2

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
This is a great movie--solid B+ and more interesting than the original, which was enjoyable as well. JLaw vs Donald Sutherland is fantastic and Philip Seymour Hoffman adds a great character to the story. It's a tad long, but overall a great flick. Note- I have not read any of the books.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Keith

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I saw this film yesterday afternoon and other than being a tad too long it was a terrific film and kept me involved the whole length of the film. Jennifer Lawrence as always is dropdead gorgeous and seems to have matured as an actor since The Hunger Games

Catching Fire kept the story going as President Snow wants Catniss dead as the rebels look to her for encouragement for a rebellion. In order to make that happen Snow changes the 75th Hunger Games into the Third Quell wherein all previous winners of The Hunger Games battle each other with now only one person emerging as the winner. The good thing for me was that there was less emphasis on the visuals of who got killed and how. Suffice it to say there were some pretty intense moments. I thought the scenes where they were confronted by the apes was somewhat overdone and dragged out however at the end the stage was set in an excellent fashion for the expected release of the third and final in the trilogy. This film shows the relation between Catniss and Peeta as well as Catniss and her true love Gale Hawthorne. IMO Stanley Tucci as Caesar was better in this film than the first as was Woody Harrelson's role as Haymitch.

The visuals and special effects as well as the sound were all excellent

Overall this was a terrific film to see if you follow the books (or even if you don't). Highly recommended but could have been 15 minutes shorter

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing