The hit LP of CES 2015!

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Amir, I can't comment on the vinyl as I have not heard them. The Blue Mind CD has very good sonics but the usb card 24/96 sounds a bit better. Maybe more than a bit. The 24/192 usb card of Tales From the Treetops has stunning sonics. especially if you love bass like I do. Deep and tight. I have played the 24/192 stuff for vinyl diehards and they are shocked at how good it sounds.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I'll give it a listen. I purchased her album that had the song "December In Montreal" on it and seldom listen to it. The quality of the recordings was very good, but her singing and the music failed to move me. I'm also going to look for the Mike Valentine recording. Thanks for the suggestions.

I received today a LP of Tales... and after my first listen I have to agree with you- while SQ of this release is outstanding, the music lacks of emotional impact , at least for me.
Nevertheless I do not regret to get it, it' s a real audiophile item.
So Peter, thanks.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I received today a LP of Tales... and after my first listen I have to agree with you- while SQ of this release is outstanding, the music lacks of emotional impact , at least for me.
Nevertheless I do not regret to get it, it' s a real audiophile item.
So Peter, thanks.

I've only had a chance to listen to the first track so far, but I've heard it twice and love it. Can't get it out of my mind.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Amir, I can't comment on the vinyl as I have not heard them. The Blue Mind CD has very good sonics but the usb card 24/96 sounds a bit better. Maybe more than a bit. The 24/192 usb card of Tales From the Treetops has stunning sonics. especially if you love bass like I do. Deep and tight. I have played the 24/192 stuff for vinyl diehards and they are shocked at how good it sounds.

Thanks Gary and Joe. Where do you get the USB stick from?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing