The History Of the Eagles on ShowTime

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
A MUST see for fans of The Eagles...

The History of The Eagles: Part One...on ShowTime.

Having heard a bunch of soundboard bootlegs from their prime
I can tell you these guys were amazing musicians, and the songwriting,
well, simply without peer.:cool:

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
My favorite group of all time

Seen them so many times going back to their Hotel California Tour in the mid 70's where Jimmy Buffet and his Margaritaville tour was the lead in act.

when is it on

Oh, boy...you are in for a treat..

I DVD'rd it on Sunday..I think it will be repeated a bunch of times.

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
Thanks so much for the "heads up" Andre. The Eagles are also my favorite rockers of all time. Great guitarists, composers, and vocalists with many great hit recordings. I'll certainly watch this Showtime On Demand presentation before it expires on March 16th.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Thanks so much for the "heads up" Andre. The Eagles are also my favorite rockers of all time. Great guitarists, composers, and vocalists with many great hit recordings. I'll certainly watch this Showtime On Demand presentation before it expires on March 16th.

You bet. Enjoy.

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
I just finished watching this > 3 hour extravaganza - I loved it, warts and all! What a great body of music - what a fabulous career!!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hey Len thanks for telling me it's On Demand.

No doubt! I don't have ShowTime nor do I want it. I was about ready to order it until your post. Thank you.

Tom

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
It is easy to think of the Eagles as a 70s cliche...but these guys were unbelievably skilled.

They are a 70s cliche...and they were incredibly skilled. The Eagles are a bit of a guilty pleasure at this point, but I think time will redeem them as a lot of their best work proves to live beyond its era.

I had a 70s country rock cover band in the 70s. We covered James Dean, Already Gone, New Kid in Town (chicks dug that one)...that stuff was easy to learn but hard to master.

Tim

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
They are a 70s cliche...and they were incredibly skilled. The Eagles are a bit of a guilty pleasure at this point, but I think time will redeem them as a lot of their best work proves to live beyond its era.

I had a 70s country rock cover band in the 70s. We covered James Dean, Already Gone, New Kid in Town (chicks dug that one)...that stuff was easy to learn but hard to master.

Tim

I hear ya. However, when I listen to the board tapes I have from their peak they were just merciless. Spot on with the harmonies.
No auto tune, no harmonizers, no click tracks.

The proof is in the pudding. Four members of the band went on to smash solo careers. Outside of the Beatles..who else?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Four members of the band went on to smash solo careers

Don Henley
Glen Frey
Joe Walsh

I wouldn't say Timothy B. Schmit had a solo career nor did Don Felder, Bernie Leadon but possibly Randy Meisner. Who was the 4th in your opinion

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Don Henley
Glen Frey
Joe Walsh

I wouldn't say Timothy B. Schmit had a solo career nor did Don Felder, Bernie Leadon but possibly Randy Meisner. Who was the 4th in your opinion

I guess, those 4 other guys would not qualify for having "smash" solo careers. But certainly the Big 3 did.

JD Souther was another one. His records are pretty darn good. I spend 5 years looking for a CD of the Souther Hillman Fury Band. AMAZING record.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I just did a search and much to my amazement Timothy actually has released 5 albums on is own. Concerning about him is his recent health as he underwent surgery for throat cancer. All reports say he is fine

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing