The Craziest Flagship-grade Phonoamps Shootout!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I am often asked by WBF brothers to report on or to arrange direct shootout of hifi components.
Yes, Hong Kong is a compact city with many hifi dealers and I have many audiophile friends.
However direct shootouts of flagship-grade components are difficult to arrange, because of obvious reasons ...

The followings are the craziest reports on direct shootouts of flagship-grade phonoamps done in Mainland China.
So many of them playing together!
Please read with google translate.

Part 1 :

Part 2 :

Part 3 :

Part 4 :

Their opinions are of course very subjective.
But I think all of you must agree with me that these Mainland China vinyl audiophiles are fanatics!
Unbelievable!
:eek:

Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Wow, that's a shootout of shootouts. They all had their merits, it seems.

TLi

May 27, 2016
Hi end phonostage is the most difficult component to select in a hifi system. There are not that many flagship grade phonostages in the market and there is the problem of matching with cartridge and amps. One phono sounds good in one system does not mean it will also sound good in other system.

Reactions: XV-1 and Bobvin

ShawnZH

Sep 20, 2020
Interestingly those posts appear here. I know this blogger personally. He’s running a Social Media channel on WeChat and posting daily for hiend/hifi gears and classical music commentaries. It is a very commercially biased channel, especially the articles about hifi gears. The blogger is not an experienced vinyl player, though being able to assemble and collect those gears. You can read them for fun but not necessarily take them seriously.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Interestingly those posts appear here. I know this blogger personally. He’s running a Social Media channel on WeChat and posting daily for hiend/hifi gears and classical music commentaries. It is a very commercially biased channel, especially the articles about hifi gears. The blogger is not an experienced vinyl player, though being able to assemble and collect those gears. You can read them for fun but not necessarily take them seriously.
Shawn, we are waiting for a video of your Uber-system!

Reactions: jeff1225

ShawnZH

Sep 20, 2020
Shawn, we are waiting for a video of your Uber-system!
;) I'm not a fan of recording my system, but will try. I'm still messing around with my 3 tables, 5 arms, 7 carts and 2 phonos and all sorts of cables. In the past couple of months, I added a Kuzma XL DC TT and 2 Kuzma 4P 12inch arms into my system and also 2 Lyra carts: Atlas and Enta SL. Phono stage finally goes for a Soulution 755 and a Kondo Combo: M7+SFz, all tube setup. Too many new toys, too little time to play with those.

Need to figure out which one to record for the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: howiebrou

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
;) I'm not a fan of recording my system, but will try. I'm still messing around with my 3 tables, 5 arms, 7 carts and 2 phonos and all sorts of cables. In the past couple of months, I added a Kuzma XL DC TT and 2 Kuzma 4P 12inch arms into my system and also 2 Lyra carts: Atlas and Enta SL. Phono stage finally goes for a Soulution 755 and a Kondo Combo: M7+SFz, all tube setup. Too many new toys, too little time to play with those.

Need to figure out which one to record for the best.
Don't worry. We will gladly take anything! ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing