The Blues thread

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I saw Ted Hawkins play the cactus on campus at the University of Texas at Austin circa 1993. That's a very small venue. He was amazing. He really loved young people. He talked to us about getting an education. He lived a hard life. His music is a real gift.
I mentioned your name in my very first opening post; so we add one plus one and we have Blues. ...Ronnie, Ron, and Bob. :D
And John loves Blues too, and Van Morrison. :cool:
And Tim Loves Cassandra Wilson. ...Cool too. * The sound is great too Tim, well recorded.

* I feel in very good company here.

________

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
? Ted Hawkins...he's singing in my 'space' for the last 24 hours or so. ...It's just the way it is...Blues does that sometimes to me. ...I don't force it...it comes just like...magic.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Been on a Bruce Katz kick this weekend. Have been a fan since his Broadcaster days with Ronnie Earl.

Bruce Katz Band

Homecoming
Crescent Crawl
A Deeper Blue
Live at the Firefly
Mississippi Moan
Transformation

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Been on a Bruce Katz kick this weekend. Have been a fan since his Broadcaster days with Ronnie Earl.

Bruce Katz Band

Homecoming
Crescent Crawl
A Deeper Blue
Live at the Firefly
Mississippi Moan
Transformation

Bruce Katz is a wonderful keyboard player- he's somewhat local to us, so we've heard him play many times, both as a bandleader and as a sideman.
There's another guy we heard a couple years ago that blew me away (I've played keyboards since I was a kid so I'm less impressed by flourish and more impressed by real chops): his name is Red Young. He's toured with a lot of people over the years, and hauls a real B-3 around. Well worth checking out if you can figure out who he's working with currently.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing