The Audiophile's Wife Blog - like staring into the sun

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
WARNING: Do not let your wife read this.

Just a slice of the genius coming from this location.

"It is best not to make conversation with The Audiophile when he is buying and selling because although he appears to be making partial eye contact, I've learned he is actually calculating shipping charges and imagining himself packing and unpacking gear with confetti coming down from the ceiling and dancing girls doing the can-can at a safe distance from the components."

http://www.theaudiophileswife.com

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Her writing skills and wit is just amazing....

I agree. One of my favourite blogs. But....do we know if she is really a "she"?

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I could care less whether it's a he or a she. That blog often has my wife and I rolling in laughter because we both can relate. Amir, I agree completely.

Tom

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I could care less whether it's a he or a she. That blog often has my wife and I rolling in laughter because we both can relate. Amir, I agree completely.

Tom

Same here...I could care less. It's more a point of intrigue.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Sorta nails it, right? I mean, my wife has schlepped tube amps across the city to Vlad's for repair, has put up with strange visitors who are coming to 'hear' or 'buy' something (Madfloyd and a few others excepted as entirely acceptable people), has put up with marathon listening sessions, interrupted only by foraging for food and drink, and of course, the endless succession of boxes, coming and going. Strange things going on in the lab, the sound of cursing, stuff getting moved around, requests to 'just listen to a cut and tell me what you think,' etc.
But, she knew what she was getting into. As I mentioned here before, when we first started dating, she came over to my apartment, saw those 50's style radiators in the middle of the living space and said "Oh, Quads." She worked parttime as a photo assistant for a then well-known audiophile in NYC.
We've been together almost 27 years.

Thanks for posting that link.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
This is too funny , i like this passage :

A while back The Audiophile took apart his speakers. I thought we were not supposed to touch the speakers, but apparently it is perfectly acceptable to rip out their insides and dump them in a box.

Furthermore, it is permissible, although I'm not convinced it is beneficial, to fire up the power drill and bore holes into the back of the speakers. If I understand this barbaric procedure correctly, the idea is to relocate the speaker guts into a pair of custom-made, Jatoba boxes in order to, say it aloud with me: Improve the sound quality.

I'm sure this will lead to a listening event in which I will need to convincingly say I detect a HUGE improvement in the sound quality, but until then I'm investigating how I might outboard my bladder for a more comfortable experience during the high-impact portion of my aerobics class.

jeromelang

Dec 26, 2011
I remember years ago, Myles' wife, had a monthly column in stereophile about the long suffering wife married to an audiophile. Was sorry that it stopped. Really enjoyed that.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Sorta nails it, right? I mean, my wife has schlepped tube amps across the city to Vlad's for repair, has put up with strange visitors who are coming to 'hear' or 'buy' something (Madfloyd and a few others excepted as entirely acceptable people), has put up with marathon listening sessions, interrupted only by foraging for food and drink, and of course, the endless succession of boxes, coming and going. Strange things going on in the lab, the sound of cursing, stuff getting moved around, requests to 'just listen to a cut and tell me what you think,' etc.
But, she knew what she was getting into. As I mentioned here before, when we first started dating, she came over to my apartment, saw those 50's style radiators in the middle of the living space and said "Oh, Quads." She worked parttime as a photo assistant for a then well-known audiophile in NYC.
We've been together almost 27 years.

Thanks for posting that link.

Since I'm a one-armed bandit right now, my wife had to carry the Krell KRC-HR into our addition so I could open it up and unbox it and carry it downstairs to my lair. She didn't complain which was cool. The box only weighed around 31 lbs, but it is a fairly big and awkward box to carry and certainly out of the realm for me right now. By the way, I'm doing 34 to life.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing