The Aeris have landed

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
If the Aeris control page has a button named "OMNIO" or something similar, try turning that off while leaving room correction on.

The room correction algos work to come up with coefficients that allow Wavelet to restore the ideal target function / frequency response including
(frequency, amplitude, phase and temporal) for the wavelaunch of each note from each driver, in your room.

It is quite common for all of us to adjust bass, mid-bass, midrange, punch, brilliance, low-treble contours (sometimes by as little as
a tenth of a dB at a time up or down to achieve specific playback personalities in a given room. You are at the beginning of a long
and good road of experimentation and discovery. You'll note that Wavelet 1 and 2 in your case give the ability to save off eight (8)
sets of contour combinations. The usefulness of this is obvious and can help you cope with particularly bright or dull recordings,
over-hyped bass, mid-bass etc...by having a saved contour set that can be used only for those types of recordings.

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Bit behind on checking my thread.

OK so I've played with toe in, toe out, side to side for speaker positioning. Toed out meaning we can see the inside baffles slightly stretched the soundstage but lost in all other areas. Then I started moving toe-in and found that if I lost the sight of the inner baffle, soundstage kicked in well, very solid within the speakers, perhaps not so much outside the speakers, but then I haven't rerun room correction.

Also, received my 'Hidden Treasure' receptacle and got it installed which allowed my to lose the SKW power cords ($100 dollars but well made) and install my Furutech 4.1's. Not so surprising I had to dial down all the contour adjustments I had made prior to dedicated circuits and power cords.

What's really interesting to me anyway was that I had positioned the speakers exactly where SCAudiophile suggested. I checked. About 2 feet behind my head!

Temporarily fixed the Wavelet screen with a black towel on the carpet.

I do not like the remote at all. Looking to program a Logitech, or maybe locate a volume control remote that can be programmed.

I haven't figured out how I got Roon working but it works.

Thanks for the tip on Omnio and room correction.

I'm going to start another thread regarding the Aeris. This thread was just a landing.

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Question for the Wavelet folks.

What direction did you have the microphone pointed when performing room correction?

Mine was microphone pointing directly at tweets.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM

What direction did you have the microphone pointed when performing room correction?

Another nightmare hi end audio experience. Sounds like terrible manual and customer service. No excuse for that.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)

Yes,...the correct way is pointed directly at the center of the tweeter assembly for Aeris.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing