The Adele appreciation thread

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I'm a VERY big fan of the Brit singer...Adele.

Her new album, "25" is set to be released on Nov 20th. The new single from that album "Hello" is already climbing the charts worldwide. ( justifiably, IMHO)
Adele seems to believe ( possibly rightly so) that her new album will have a hard time eclipsing her prior album..."21".
I am very much looking forward to this highly talented artists newest album.
As to the SQ, well the last two have been nothing to shout home about ( unfortunately:().. the problem, which I am really hoping may be getting addressed
in her new album, is that Adele likes to "swallow" the mike. Which is IMHO a leading cause of the SQ issues. However even if the SQ isn't up to say..
Lynn Stanley, the voice and music will more than make up for that.

Anyone else as happy as I am that Adele is back ( and hopefully in full force).:)

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I'm a VERY big fan of the Brit singer...Adele.

Her new album, "25" is set to be released on Nov 20th. The new single from that album "Hello" is already climbing the charts worldwide. ( justifiably, IMHO)
Adele seems to believe ( possibly rightly so) that her new album will have a hard time eclipsing her prior album..."21".
I am very much looking forward to this highly talented artists newest album.
As to the SQ, well the last two have been nothing to shout home about ( unfortunately:().. the problem, which I am really hoping may be getting addressed
in her new album, is that Adele likes to "swallow" the mike. Which is IMHO a leading cause of the SQ issues. However even if the SQ isn't up to say..
Lynn Stanley, the voice and music will more than make up for that.

Anyone else as happy as I am that Adele is back ( and hopefully in full force).:)
My wife is a massive Adele fan. I am a fan too, but she is very dedicated. She loves hearing Adele's albums on the new MMGs!

I am looking forward to the album, I also really liked the Song "Skyfall" from the Bond movie...and 007 is back as well, for good measure!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I have one one on preorder. Agree on poor quality in the past. The blu-ray was better than cd. The released sample already sounds better. Crossing fingers that the album would be so.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Heard that single over the w/e.
What a voice!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
A true star, and I'm not even into vocalists. Sam Smith is an earthbound Spectre in comparison.

Billy Shears

Jul 27, 2015
Anyone remeber this?

My favourit new soul album...

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Billy - I have indeed and it's a terrific album. Unfortunately, and like Adele's 19 & 21, the vinyl pressing of this leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know about the CD's. I don't have her follow-up album Endlessly and she's pretty much dropped out of sight since.

I keep meaning to, but still haven't listened to Adele's new single Hello. I will pick up the album when it gets released as I too am a big Adele fan.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Big Adele fan here. Great voice and a massive talent no doubt. The Royal Albert Hall Blu-ray is a superb performance. However, this new single as a song really does not measure up to her best stuff. I find the music a bit repetitive of some of her early work. Hopefully, the rest of the album is better.

Billy Shears

Jul 27, 2015
Billy - I have indeed and it's a terrific album. Unfortunately, and like Adele's 19 & 21, the vinyl pressing of this leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know about the CD's. I don't have her follow-up album Endlessly and she's pretty much dropped out of sight since.

I keep meaning to, but still haven't listened to Adele's new single Hello. I will pick up the album when it gets released as I too am a big Adele fan.

I bet on the wrong horse when it came to the whole new soul thing, Duffys second album endlessly was as bad as her first one was great and amy winehouse....well thats a tragedy that does not need to be retold.
Adele came out on top at the end as her songwriting has just been consistently better then anyone else...

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
I bet on the wrong horse when it came to the whole new soul thing, Duffys second album endlessly was as bad as her first one was great and amy winehouse....well thats a tragedy that does not need to be retold.
Adele came out on top at the end as her songwriting has just been consistently better then anyone else...
;)
Oh no you didn't!.Duffy is one of our very favorite artists. We jus listened to both albums last night....

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

FYI, the CDs sound rather excellent..to me at least..I was lucky enough to catch her live.

BTW, she announced her retirement a few years ago due to stage fright.

Billy Shears

Jul 27, 2015
Guess what..Shes back!
Looks like a new album could be in the making:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I got introduced to Duffy when she opened another act with her famous song, Mercy which I very much enjoy:

Alas, when I went to buy her album, I didn't find the rest of the songs as interesting. Please don't throw rocks at me or I will post some measurements to get back at you. :D

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Duffy is another favorite of mine. Although, I do not think she has either the range or quite the power in her voice that Adele enjoys. Her song writing is also somewhat second-rate to Adele's, IMO. Nonetheless, it is a shame that she seems to enjoy a lot less popularity than Adele....or for that matter Taylor Swift! ( don't get me wrong, Taylor Swift is ok...but IMHO not in anyway as great as the public seems to perceive her, and certainly not more talented ( if as much) as for instance,Duffy).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing