The #1 Heavyweight Contender For the REGEN: The New iFi USB 3.0

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Total USB Solution+® banishes ALL USB audio gremlins

The micro iUSB3.0 addresses all 8 significant USB audio gremlins that lead to poor

quality computer audio in one fell swoop:

• Corrects signal balance

• Suppresses frame noise

• Suppresses packet noise

• Ultra clean power

• Eliminates ground noise

• Corrects impedance mis-match

• Eliminates USB Jitter

• Restores signal integrity

The all-new micro iUSB3.0 boasts all-original, cutting-edge USB audio technology: Active Noise Cancellation+®; REclock®; REbalance® and REgenerate® whilst still retaining and improving upon the original PowerStation® to PowerStation+® which was at the heart of the success of its predecessor.

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-iusb3-0/

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
How much is it? Can't find it on their web site.

And oh, anyone wants to buy one and have me measure it, you know where to find me. :)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
$399.

Have one on order!
Great. Looks like this is going to become a big category of products.

Just judging superficially, I like these guys. The enclosures are nice and metallic. They have great measurements for their supply and at least one spec. As such I don't expect to find electrical faults easily.

Let us know your experience. If there is enough interest, and someone will buy it off my hand, I can also buy one and then resell after testing.

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Great. Looks like this is going to become a big category of products.

Just judging superficially, I like these guys. The enclosures are nice and metallic. They have great measurements for their supply and at least one spec. As such I don't expect to find electrical faults easily.

Let us know your experience. If there is enough interest, and someone will buy it off my hand, I can also buy one and then resell after testing.

I own the iFi Micro iDSD DAC, iFI USB (previous model of above product), and the iFi Nano iDSD. All really beautifully made and smartly designed.

My only beef with the Micro iDSD DAC is the input is a OTG USB connection which requires the supplied adapter or their own cable, which is not bad.

ON PAPER, I repeat, on paper, the USB 3.0 seems like a more advanced product than the REGEN in several key areas. I believe it ships with iFI's own
iPower supply which they claim is quieter than a battery.

Like others here, I do not like the XPS supplied with the REGEN..kludgey and not greatly thought out.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing