The $1.25m Drako Motors GTE 206

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Drako and I had a great software start-up 20 years ago. He is a veteran in the software business, and nowadays he brings us a new electric supercar. I wish him much success with this endeavor as well.

Here's his co-founder Shiv Sikand - interesting acceleration at 21:40

https://www.drakomotors.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: rando

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I wouldn't pay that for something that feels wimpy in power just to feel relaxed at speeds I never get to use. J is right, they screwed up.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I can buy that

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I wouldn't pay that for something that feels wimpy in power just to feel relaxed at speeds I never get to use. J is right, they screwed up.

Keeping in mind this appears to actually be track day focused. Gentile manners at all times outside of sport could match the inclinations of the customer for a +1M vehicle. Making it street legal and usable on the road was canny. You can let others drive it or safely navigate everything at the track that isn't on it.

This appears to be a vehicle many will dismiss unfairly. Jay likes putzing around Lala land and meeting people when he's not keeping up an only slightly less demanding work ethic than his previous job. Put this in the hands of a 18 year old college kid with lightning quick reaction times and a decade of Kart racing if you want to get a truer sense what this vehicle is really about. Someone with no commercial entanglements and a focus on the future.

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
This car seems an extreme contradiction to me; its designed as a grand tourer that‘s also a track car. It's a grand tourer that also doesn’t look to have any trunk space to speak of. From the comments Lenno was making, it doesn't seem to realize its power in around town driving situations. You can take the family with you (kids in the back), but it’s at its best at 120mph. I don’t know about anyone else, but my wife would freak the hell out if I drove her and the kids down the highway at a-buck 20.....

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Keeping in mind this appears to actually be track day focused. Gentile manners at all times outside of sport could match the inclinations of the customer for a +1M vehicle. Making it street legal and usable on the road was canny. You can let others drive it or safely navigate everything at the track that isn't on it.

This appears to be a vehicle many will dismiss unfairly. Jay likes putzing around Lala land and meeting people when he's not keeping up an only slightly less demanding work ethic than his previous job. Put this in the hands of a 18 year old college kid with lightning quick reaction times and a decade of Kart racing if you want to get a truer sense what this vehicle is really about. Someone with no commercial entanglements and a focus on the future.

Why would I go to a track and not want to hear my car riled up like a beast that wants to eat pavement? Why would I want it to sound calm and smooth, like a gentle breeze at 120mph while I'm white knuckling corners trying blow the doors off of everyone I see? I'm sorry but this is completely nonsensical.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Damn. I have a really hard choice. Buy this or the Wilson Wamm master chronosonic with Dan Relentless monoblocks.

What should I do guys? ;):p

Fineito

Nov 23, 2013
Quite the engineering accomplishment, for sure. As for me, I'll keep my ICE'd 993, Cayman R and Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS. If I were ever to go electric electric, sign me up for a Taycan Turbo S at 1/6th the cost.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing