Teac Esoteric P-01

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I would have liked to get an esoteric sacd transport, but if the deal goes i ll be having a new meitner MA 2 tomorrow in black , it has USB connection for the computer plus i can use the dac watching movies , i dont expect miracles , the best digital i ever heard however was ML 390 S and zanden

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I would have liked to get an esoteric sacd transport, but if the deal goes i ll be having a new meitner MA 2 tomorrow in black , it has USB connection for the computer plus i can use the dac watching movies , i dont expect miracles , the best digital i ever heard however was ML 390 S and zanden

Interesting...i have auditioned both these transports with my Zanden: Audio Aero La Source (Esoteric VRDS V Transport) and Esoteric X-01SE. Both were great, propulsive sound, far more detail than my little Oppo at the time without any doubt. However, all my listening notes and scores at the time were bested by the Zanden Transport once i had the Transport properly isolated (both DAC and PSU). TOTALLY personal opinion. From what i have read, for the money, the 390S could be an awesome transport for the Zanden (at today's 2nd hand prices).

I spoke with one fellow owner who traded his Zanden Transport in for the Metronome Kalista Ref Transport to use with the Zanden DAC. I nearly went for that one many years ago myself (before i found a complete new Zanden 4-box set a few years ago), but could not agree price with dealer....just beyond my budget despite it being a great deal for a 2nd hand unit.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
... the best digital i ever heard however was ML 390 S and zanden

quite a statement! A big Zanden fan here myself, so always fun to hear it from others as well...

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
It has to be taken in proportion as far as time gone by , the ML i heard in the beginning of my hifi career in a great room on avalon , the zanden on zanden 3000 /9600 magico V 3 speakers 3 years ago , it didnt sound that much different then a top analogue set up playing the same album which is quite an achievement probably.
Nowadays i might have been less impressed hard to say

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
It has to be taken in proportion as far as time gone by , the ML i heard in the beginning of my hifi career in a great room on avalon , the zanden on zanden 3000 /9600 magico V 3 speakers 3 years ago , it didnt sound that much different then a top analogue set up playing the same album which is quite an achievement probably.
Nowadays i might have been less impressed hard to say

As you say, not much different than top analogue system is pretty good...and i do think the Zanden is significantly improved by using its own Zanden transport. I enjoy it anyway! ;)

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
As you say, not much different than top analogue system is pretty good...and i do think the Zanden is significantly improved by using its own Zanden transport. I enjoy it anyway! ;)

And most important,NO tics or pops just beautiful music.:)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
And most important,NO tics or pops just beautiful music.:)

Well, very little maintenance so far fortunately!!!

To be fair, as for vinyl ticks/pops, i have heard the mighty Clearaudio Statement Turntable (super big four-foot tall one) with a new piece of vinyl (Daft Punk) and heard nary a tic or pop. Nevertheless, i promised myself to concentrate all my energies towards the best digital i could get, and now to the best redbook to maximize my music collection. Perfectly happy...grateful actually.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada

To be fair, as for vinyl ticks/pops, i have heard the mighty Clearaudio Statement Turntable (super big four-foot tall one) with a new piece of vinyl (Daft Punk) and heard nary a tic or pop. Nevertheless, i promised myself to concentrate all my energies towards the best digital i could get, and now to the best redbook to maximize my music collection. Perfectly happy...grateful actually.

That is exactly how i feel, i have absolutely nothing against vinyl but i'm 100% digital and also perfectly happy, to each is own it's all about the music.:)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
That is exactly how i feel, i have absolutely nothing against vinyl but i'm 100% digital and also perfectly happy, to each is own it's all about the music.:)

+gazillion!

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

You heard no clicks or pops there because that record, as are almost all pop records about the same high modulation level all the way through.

Try playing something soft like a chamber piece or solo violin work or soft second movement of a symphony that doesn't have the constant modulation of a buzzing synthesizer. You'll hear plenty of pops.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
You heard no clicks or pops there because that record, as are almost all pop records about the same high modulation level all the way through.

Try playing something soft like a chamber piece or solo violin work or soft second movement of a symphony that doesn't have the constant modulation of a buzzing synthesizer. You'll hear plenty of pops.

My music is 95% instrumental jazz trios and new age, that is one of the reasons i chose digital in 1983.:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing