Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Hi, is anyone using the Merging Ravenna driver to connect to a NADAC? I've been using it for two years, Emile did the initial implementation, and it just stopped working. Roon crashes and the Extreme reboots. Has anything similar happened to anyone else? I've been told by Christiaan that Taiko no longer supports Ravenna/Merging, which is concerning considering how much I've invested in the server and additional hardware with Emile's full knowledge. I tend to think it's a hardware issue because the driver was working for two years without problem and there were no other changes, at all. This is a standardized Windows driver. Software doesn't stop working. I'd appreciate any insights.

I am also having a similar problem. I do not know why. I tried to uninstall and reinstall MAD but failed. I contacted Merging and they spent an hour remote control my computer but failed. Emile also helped but failed to install MAD too. Taiko was kind enough to have my old HDD sent back, reflash with a new one so all the corrupted files were removed, but I still cannot install the MAD. So I give up.

I am in the middle of upgrading to Olympus and I’ll use the analog out. Together with my analog phono, I’ll use Hapi AD card to get the signal back to my AES67/Ravenna digital setup where I run my digital crossover and room correction setup.

One thing I have not tried is to use the old Ravenna ASIO driver. It’s the driver before MAD. May be you can give it a try.

Arthur

Thanks, Arthur. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers - I have all of them, including the older ones - with no luck. Previously, I wasn't using MAD, by the way, I was using the last one called hot fix. This makes me think it's not hardware, but rather something has happened with Roon. That's the only change that could have occurred.

I spoke with Ed who told me that someone in Poland is having a similar issue. I'm going to contact Merging.

I have been helping franz @fbhifi and he is running Ravenna with his Extreme and Roon.

I have been helping franz @fbhifi and he is running Ravenna with his Extreme and Roon.
The issues David helped me with were directly related to spotty WiFi in a just completed new listening room, Roon would not connect because of that.

When I first got my Extreme several years ago it was a challenge for Emile to get it to sync with the Extreme. We finally got it connected and it’s worked flawlessly ever since. I’m not sure which Nadac driver I’m using, but I do know that I have not changed drivers for several years. My takeaway from Emile’s experience setting up mine and other Nadacs with the Extreme is that Ravenna is unusually complicated to interface with. Please bear in mind that my good friend David helps me when I run into computer related issues because my computer skills are that of a kindergartner. Likely, some of todays kindergarteners may be more advanced than me!

Thank you. I've been running it for over two years without a problem. Emile set it up for me initially. I have all of the drivers, including the legacy drivers. None work. It just stopped working, out of the blue. I spoke with Ed who told me two other users have had the same problem without a solution. I'm getting in touch with Merging to see if it's a driver issue.

Because the same thing has happened to two other people, my guess is it's a driver issue.

I hope so. It's good it hasn't happened to you. To be safe, you might want to delay Roon updates and/or unnecessary reboots.

I hope so. It's good it hasn't happened to you. To be safe, you might want to delay Roon updates and/or unnecessary reboots.

I assume you have gone into Ravenna and made sure that it was selecting the extreme as the source? I don’t know what level of expertise/understanding you have with the software.

The issue with @fbhifi ’s setup is that it wasn’t so there was no sound.

Thanks for the help. Yes, I have. I've gone into the NADAC panel and made sure the correct port is chosen. When I do, I get a Ravenna ASIO driver driver error that crashes Roon and cases a reboot. In Roon, the driver is listed as "device not found."

Thanks for the help. Yes, I have. I've gone into the NADAC panel and made sure the correct port is chosen. When I do, I get a Ravenna ASIO driver driver error that crashes Roon and cases a reboot. In Roon, the driver is listed as "device not found."

Do you have XDMS on your Extreme? I am curious if that works.

No, I unfortunately never made it to the XDMS alpha. But it's a good question.

No, I unfortunately never made it to the XDMS alpha. But it's a good question.

Email ed. Maybe he can do an install and maybe things will work with XDMS.

I'll try it. Thank you.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing