Tablet news

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I hadn't heard of a Sony tablet. You are not talking about their reader, right? If so, that is a different animal than the new tablets (theirs is only for reading books).

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Readers are (very) good for books but they don't let you download apps so they are much more limiting as a platform.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
I just want Apple to make what i call the pregnant iphone which is an ipad with a camera and a telephone. I would have it in my kitchen and use for everything as well as Skype.

I'm sure it'll be in the next generation iPad, along with the iPhone's Retina screen. (Of course, there's no *technical* reason why the current iPad couldn't already do all that...)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I love the iPad but it needs an easier way to control the Cursor other than my not too dainty finger.

Thats interesting because thats my biggest gripe as well You can order a keyboard with a dock

Albertporter

Apr 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
www.albertporterphoto.com
I've been an Apple guy since the beginning, always felt smug about how reliable their platform was and how Apple treated customers with respect and honored the highest standards of privacy.

Lately there has been a growing problem with Apple, probably Amir knows about this but seems most do not.

For instance, the new Apple browser will load Google track cookies even if you choose Yahoo as backup and Ixquick (a private browser) for your main. This happens if Safari is loaded and UNUSED for about 15 minutes. Autoload of Google cookies with tracking even if you visit NO web sites at all !

I searched forums at Apple and other computer sites and there are a few people aware of this. Seems it occurred in the last 30 days or so via automated updates of system and Safari browser software. Worse, the latest version of Apple software DOES NOT allow removal of Google cookies, even via security tab when you select and press delete.

If that's not enough, the CIA and Google are building a massive network to track all internet traffic and although I am an honest person, I resent the attack on privacy this represents. I continue to use Ixquick and now have Firefox as primary browser on my Apple Pro tower and seriously considering removing Safari completely.

Google/CIA news link (click)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing