Super Bowl Half Time Star Trek Trailer

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Excellent! Did not know another episode was already coming.

Yes Startrek.com has had news about the new movie for a couple of months. Basically looks like an early eugenics/Khan episode sans Ricardo :)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Ah. Ricardo was amazingly good. "To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee! "

No one has expressed revenge better than him on the big screen!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Ah. Ricardo was amazingly good. "To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee! "

No one has expressed revenge better than him on the big screen!

Always voted one of the top three Star Trek movies ever! :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Was Khan a member of Starfleet and wasn't he Romulan or Klingon? The baddie here looks human and wears the Federation uniform.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ooops just checked Wiki. Boy was I way off.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Was Khan a member of Starfleet and wasn't he Romulan or Klingon? The baddie here looks human and wears the Federation uniform.

Nope he was part of the Eugenics program (genetic enhancements) that was trying to create a race of supermen that almost destroyed Earth in the 22nd century (?).

Dr. Bashir on DS9 was also later found to have been part of that genetic enhancement program.

Dr. Arik Soong (whose ancestor who created Data and several other androids) was one (the?) head of this genetics program. Soong was recruited later by the Klingons and it's his genetic enhancements that lead to the ridges in their forehead (the early Klingons in ST didn't have them). Soong eventually gives up the hope of genetic enhancement for artificial intellegence eg. Data. (much of this comes from the last and three part episode that aired on Star Trek:Enterprise.)

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Aaaaah.....Thanks :D

So have they confirmed if the baddie in the new flick is Khan?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Aaaaah.....Thanks :D

So have they confirmed if the baddie in the new flick is Khan?

I'm not sure it's been confirmed but that's the suspicion.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Well, back in the day, when the series originally aired on NBC, I think it was, I watched it, circa what 66-67? And I definitely remember the Wrath of Khan as being one of the better feature movies. I really liked the reboot that JJ Abrams did a few years ago, and gather this is the second in a trilogy. So, here's the question:
there's a huge amount of Star Trek stuff out there, various series, spin-offs, etc. I'm not that avid a fan that I would watch everything. What's best if you had to pick? (And yes, I like science fiction).

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Well, back in the day, when the series originally aired on NBC, I think it was, I watched it, circa what 66-67? And I definitely remember the Wrath of Khan as being one of the better feature movies. I really liked the reboot that JJ Abrams did a few years ago, and gather this is the second in a trilogy. So, here's the question:
there's a huge amount of Star Trek stuff out there, various series, spin-offs, etc. I'm not that avid a fan that I would watch everything. What's best if you had to pick? (And yes, I like science fiction).

Are you asking movies, series or episodes of Star Trek or all sci-fi shows?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing