Streaming audio over two restaurants

Zlap

Aug 29, 2023
Melbourne
Hello,

We have two restaurants that are opposite of each other about 50 meters apart. The shops have a common local network with internet access used for all the POS systems. We want to stream the audio output of one of the computers to the other restaurant, so basically whatever the one restaurant outputs to be streamed over the other side.

what possible solutions are out there preferably by maintains the current power amplifier setups.

Cheers!

ecwl

Mar 20, 2021
Winnipeg, Canada
I suspect we would need more specific details to be able to give a good answer to the question.
Is the computer PC or Mac?
What audio are you planning to play on the laptop? Is it YouTube? Is it radio streaming service? Is it music streaming service? Is it your own music files that’s saved on the laptop?
If it’s your own music files, what software are you using to play the music?
Or is there no specific answers to any of these questions at this point and you just want the most “flexible” solution? Because if you want to cover all possible scenario, it may be more costly or it may compromise the sound.

Also, what are the current power amplifier setups? How are they getting sound currently?

Zlap

Aug 29, 2023
Melbourne
Audio includes mainly YouTube and saved music files being played with vlc. Both computers are running windows. I want to be able to stream the audio output regardless of what the computer is doing. The amplifiers are on a pretty basic setup, Jack to rca input on the amplifiers.

ecwl

Mar 20, 2021
Winnipeg, Canada
Hmmm… Sounds complicated. I wonder if you’re better asking for an answer on Audiophile Style forums because the website used to be called Computer Audiophile so they have more computer audio oriented people there. But it’s possible others have a solution for you here though.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
There are many ways to do what you want
one way is to use Roon and make a radio station that you create and manage
So what ever you do on this station is seen and heard
like a private you tube channel
try asking on the cpa forums I’m sure there is ready made software to make this easy to work
an example I play vinyl and use Roon play to play the vinyl into any of my audio systems
in fact go to there forums to ask and see what’s available
https://rooextend.com/index_en.html
It’s a bit complex at first until you get what is needed and there terms used

ecwl

Mar 20, 2021
Winnipeg, Canada
I used to use JRiver to capture the sound output of one computer and stream it to another computer’s jriver but I have never tried to have both computers play the sound at the same time. It’s not easy and it was not the most stable setup. But this was years ago. So another option would be to go to the JRiver forum and ask if what you want to do is possible and how to do it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing