STREAMER

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
IMO digital products are extremely a/c power sensitive. Ii also recommend an a/c filter and USB filter where appropriate YMMV

Last edited:
Reactions: PYP and Pokey77

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
Yes, a good power cord makes a positive difference.

Reactions: Pokey77

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Yes, a good power cord makes a positive difference.
Or a very bad difference. I tried a Pangea PC on the Vega G2 when I had it. It couldn't get outta there fast enough. It was horrible.

I tried about 6 or 7 PC's on my unit and all of them sounded different. From lateral moves with different sonic attributes to changes in tonal balance to a very positive difference.

Everything in my streaming setup has been optimized with LPS's, PC's, filters, switches, seperate power supplies, etc...the more you clean the signal up and get rid of the noise, the better the end result.

One of my favorite things was the addition of the Muon Pro filter. This was the icing on the cake, even after some hard-core Shunyata cables (Venom, Alpha and Omega).

I got a new streamer setup and I'm about to go through some PC's again to see what sounds best with the new unit (Lumin UX1).

Just be sure to have some fun trying new things! I sure have.

Tom

Reactions: harsheel_dbs

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
One of my favorite things was the addition of the Muon Pro filter. This was the icing on the cake, even after some hard-core Shunyata cables (Venom, Alpha and Omega).
Tom, are you using the Muon Pro in conjunction with one of the Shunyata cables, or in lieu of it? (I believe that's all ethernet, right?)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
All three of the Shunyata Ethernet cables and the Muon Pro are in use. The Alpha is for in between the modem and the router (mesh network). The Venom is from the mesh satellite to the EtherREGEN, then the Omega goes from that into the Muon Pro. I played around with placement and this worked best in my setup.

Tom

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
Thanks Tom. I just wrapped up a demo test with a highly regarded network switch and played with a variety of combinations as well, but I couldn’t find a better solution than just straight in with my Sigma ethernet cable, so I’ve decided to test an Omega.

Your comment is the second I’ve read favorably mentioning the Muon Pro. I may have to try that as well.

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
Or a very bad difference. I tried a Pangea PC on the Vega G2 when I had it. It couldn't get outta there fast enough. It was horrible.

I tried about 6 or 7 PC's on my unit and all of them sounded different. From lateral moves with different sonic attributes to changes in tonal balance to a very positive difference.

Everything in my streaming setup has been optimized with LPS's, PC's, filters, switches, seperate power supplies, etc...the more you clean the signal up and get rid of the noise, the better the end result.

I got a new streamer setup and I'm about to go through some PC's again to see what sounds best with the new unit (Lumin UX1).

Just be sure to have some fun trying new things! I sure have.

Tom
True, I should not have written “positive”. Added it after I put in the word “good”. We agree upon that a power cord makes a difference and a good one, maybe more correct a power cord which “match” the electronics, has a positive impact.

in a month or so I will try the new OePhi Reference power cords. Friends of me have tried their number two Immance with very good results. So will try their top power cord. ….

Fully agree with LPS and switches. But never tried a filter

dbeau

Apr 20, 2018
OKC,USA
IMO digital products are extremely a/c power sensitive. Ii also recommend an a/c filter and USB filter where appropriate YMMV
Agreed. Lampizator recently made their power filter, the Kraftwerk 8, available with US outlets and I am wanting to use it.
Confidence in Lukasz influences my interest.
My question is for any all, such as @Golum, who have any experience with it would please post your opinion(s).
Thanks

cdka

Jun 4, 2022
Acordado. Lampizator recientemente hizo que su filtro de potencia, el Kraftwerk 8, estuviera disponible en los puntos de venta de EE. UU. y quiero usarlo.
La confianza en Lukasz influye en mi interés.
Mi pregunta es para todos, como [USUARIO=11023]@Golum[/USUARIO], que tengan alguna experiencia con él, por favor publiquen su(s) opinión(es).
Gracias
You won’t be disappointed.
I tríed it two weeks ago and it Ways a tremendous contribución to the configurarion where it was installed.

Reactions: dbeau and rrohland

rrohland

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2022
Star of death
Adding the Kraftwerk to my system made everything even better!

Bigger stage, greater instrument separation, more natural vocals, all thanks to less background noise.

Without fear of being wrong, I can say that Lampizator Kraftwerk 8 has been one of my best additions in recent years.

PS: Sorry for my English. I only speak Spanish, so Google Translate is responsible for any errors :)

Attachments

• IMG_5445.jpeg
    IMG_5445.jpeg
    764.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5443.jpeg
    IMG_5443.jpeg
    786.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5455.jpeg
    IMG_5455.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: dbeau

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Maybe we can get some Spanish guitar and Flamenco.

• Haha
Reactions: rrohland

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
It depends on the streamer, the power cable and the resolution capability of your system. In my system changing power cables makes a marked difference. YMMV.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Adding the Kraftwerk to my system made everything even better!

Bigger stage, greater instrument separation, more natural vocals, all thanks to less background noise.

Without fear of being wrong, I can say that Lampizator Kraftwerk 8 has been one of my best additions in recent years.

PS: Sorry for my English. I only speak Spanish, so Google Translate is responsible for any errors :)
There should also be an improvement in dynamics and low level resolution.

Reactions: rrohland

rrohland

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2022
Star of death
There should also be an improvement in dynamics and low level resolution.
Without a doubt, there was!
Thank you for complementing my comment.

Reactions: dbeau

Backpacker

Jul 12, 2020
YMMV of course but in my system the streamer benefited the most from an after market power cord. In my case it is an Audioquest Hurricane and the streamer has a pretty sophisticated external power supply.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing