STAX SRM-007t II + Lambda SR-L700 MK2 - Burn in time

phoni

Dec 26, 2022
Hi everyone,

I've just received this set brand new and I'm wondering how long its burn in time might be. Are there folks out who want to share their experience about this issue with me?

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hi everyone,

I've just received this set brand new and I'm wondering how long its burn in time might be. Are there folks out who want to share their experience about this issue with me?
Hello!
I asked some friends who have Stax sets.The most significant changes happen in the first 100 hours. Hope that helps :)

phoni

Dec 26, 2022
Thank you, your input helps me a lot to estimate its current performing status. My set has about 25 to 50 hours until now but it acts like a burning glas when evaluating the quality of differnet interconnects :)

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Thank you, your input helps me a lot to estimate its current performing status. My set has about 25 to 50 hours until now but it acts like a burning glas when evaluating the quality of differnet interconnects :)
Many people stress over burn-in, but you know. It's gonna happen anyways. Just enjoy your new toy :)

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Last edited:

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I agree. Your question about burn -in implies you were expecting something that has yet to materialize.it could be your expectations were unwarranted. FWIW I suggest you assess what you have. r hope it meets your needs.
I don't think you meant to quote me, but the OP :)
But yes, burn-in won't turn the device inside-out. The first few hours can have big changes, but then it's basically smooth sailing.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Hi everyone,

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing