Ss surprises in my tube world

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Fernando, are you still using your Solista? Or have you gone to the RG14 instead? Many years back a good friend of mine was the dealer for Symphonic Line here in California. Back then, I listened to their amps extensively, they were/are a true contender in the ss arena IMHO.
If it wasn't for my JR, I would probably put them on my short list for ss amps. BTW, is Klaus Bunge still the man at SL?

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I just bought one (RG14 edition)... It sounds good to me...

Funny that you noted Symphonic Line , they make superior products . ..

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Fernando, are you still using your Solista? Or have you gone to the RG14 instead? Many years back a good friend of mine was the dealer for Symphonic Line here in California. Back then, I listened to their amps extensively, they were/are a true contender in the ss arena IMHO.
If it wasn't for my JR, I would probably put them on my short list for ss amps. BTW, is Klaus Bunge still the man at SL?

Don’t confuse Klause’s line of amps that he builds in Indianapolis that are based on the Symphonic Line amp design which are built in Germany.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
The Solista is now my backup amp and might sell it, I really liked the Symphonic Line sound on the Avalons, one can not tell if it is an SS or a Tube amp what is behind them! That good!.

Klaus Bunge is both the Symphonic Line distributior and the man behind Odyssey, US made gear based on Symphonic Line designs with great craftmanship and value. (I liked the sound of a Khartago amp I used some weeks back).

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Fernando, it doesn't surprise me that you prefer the SL on your Avalon's to the Solista. The Avalon's need a fair bit of stick up front to sound their best, not really a SET friendly speaker, IMO.
BTW, the JR's are a great match to Avalons:) just saying:D

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I know Dave, I drove my late Eclipses with the 8... Amazing!

It was hard for me to see the new 625 driving Thiels at RMAF this year, they sounded great by the way!, but I could imagine how this amp could fly with a pair of Indras instead....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing